Belize Underwater & Ocean Club
Kids Sea Camp weeks at Belize Ocean Club
2018 SPRING BREAK WEEKS: Belize Ocean Club, March 17-24th, and March 24th-31st.
Welcome to Belize and the Belize Ocean Club for a fun-filled family dive adventure vacation. Placencia and Hopkins Bay are away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist centers. The diving offers something for every member of the family.
The barrier reef is a truly unique dive experience you will enjoy each day. Belize Underwater is one of just a few PADI 5-star dive operators in Southern Belize that caters to families with kids that dive. Our guests will dive the second largest barrier reef in the world, you can expect healthy reefs with lots of life on every dive. Commonly seen are large schools of fish, eagles rays, and nurse sharks.
For those who like to fish, the region has some of the best fly fishing for Bonefish, Tarpon and Permit in the Caribbean.
Welcome to Placencia Belize - Belize Ocean Club family dive vacation.
This is a wonderful addition to our Kids Sea Camp family dive adventure vacation venues. Belize Ocean Club is situated just outside the village of Placencia and is charming, safe and easy to get to. From this location, you will experience some of the best diving Belize has to offer. This Kids Sea Camp event provides many opportunities for family dives and other activities in the afternoons and evenings for family time. Belize Ocean Club is family friendly offering all 2 bedroom suites.
If you can't make the dates for this event, allow us to book your family's individual customized vacation at another time that fits your schedule.
Experience the village of Placencia: The village of Placencia is only a 20-minute ride from the resort. Belize Ocean Club offers a complimentary shuttle four times daily for any guests to explore Placencia on their own.
The Belize package
- 7-night stay at Belize Ocean Club
- All meals
- 6 days of 3 tank boat dives with Belize Underwater, 2-tank am and family dives in the afternoon
- Dive rental gear for kids
- 1-night dive
- PADI SASY program
- PADI SEAL TEAM
- PADI Open Water
- Lion Fish hunting dives and certification
- Glover Reef dives
- Manatee snorkel for Non-Divers
- Volleyball and another beach games
- Free Wifi
- Photo slideshow, SeaLife Cameras to use all week
- Kids Sea Camp Tote bags, T-shirts, Flap straps and other giveaways (giveaways vary from sponsors)
- Treasure hunt for SASY and Seal Team
- Pizza movie night, presentations and poetry fun
- Roundtrip air
- Local air from BZE to Placencia
- Round trip airport transfers
- eLearning (kids and adults)
- Adult dive gear
- Adult dive courses
Once you arrive on island
This is a general sample schedule that will change depending on the weather, courses offered, and location. Other activities and courses and detail will be provided on a final schedule included with your trip documents. This schedule is also subject to changes on island.
- Saturday: Arrival day and orientation
- Sunday: 2 boat dives and SASY, Seal, PADI JOW training
- Monday: 2 boat dives and SASY, Seal, PADI JOW training
- Tuesday: 2 boat dives and SASY, Seal, PADI JOW training
- Wednesday: 2 boat dives and SASY, Seal, PADI JOW and PADI AOW diving and Pizza Movie night
- Thursday: 2 boat dives and SASY, Seal, PADI JOW and PADI AOW diving
- Friday: Family dive day and closing feast and celebration, and slide presentation.
- Saturday: Travel day — back to reality!
Belize Ocean Club
Belize Ocean Club Resort is situated on the beautiful Maya Beach, just a short journey away from the quaint village of Placencia. This PADI 5-Star Dive Resort is ideally located for access to both jungle and ocean adventures. Complete your family vacation experience by sharing family adventures on the Barrier Reef, Mayan ruins or merely enjoying the many like-minded families traveling with you on this Kids Sea Camp adventure. Woody and Tom will be setting up daily volleyball at the pool and parents can enjoy the tropical swim-up bar.
After a day of diving adventure, live in luxury with a unique all-suite experience. Suites are two bedrooms and equipped with oversized private seaside or mountain view balconies and spacious en-suite bathrooms, kitchens and living areas. These suites are perfectly designed for families of 3 or 4.
When you travel to Belize on this family dive vacation with us, you will enjoy a unique fun-filled experience for every member of your family.
This resort has the largest pool in Belize and sits on a beautiful private beach.
Kids Sea Camp and Family Dive Adventures can arrange every bucket list activity that can be done in Belize! Just ask Margo or Zoe for information, and we are happy to create your perfect family vacation.
Here are the 2018 rates for the Belize Ocean Club Resort for the Kids Sea Camp spring break weeks. The weeks are from March 17th-24th or March 24th-31st.
|Room Types||Mountain Views||Ocean views|
|2 divers in a 2 bedroom||$3,133||$3,260|
|3 divers in a 2 bedroom||$2,744||$2,844|
|4 divers in a 2 bedroom||$2,594||$2,694|
|5 divers in a 2 bedroom||$2,495||$2,595|
|2 people in a 2 bedroom (non-divers)||$2,461||$2,561|
|3 people in a 2 bedroom(non-divers)||$2,111||$2,211|
|4 people in a 2 bedroom (non-divers)||$1,965||$2,065|
Experience the Belize barrier reef for diving or snorkeling
Belize Underwater is a 5-star PADI dive shop. During the Kids Sea Camp week, KSC will be adding our team of PADI Pros to the PADI Pro team at Belize Underwater to provide you a safe, fun and adventure filled scuba vacation for your whole family.
You will be diving in the largest barrier reef in the Caribbean and the second largest in the world! The Belize Barrier Reef offers all levels of diving and snorkeling, from shallow water Cayes to the Great Blue Hole.
We have created this custom family diving expedition with private boats, and PADI Pro dive team just for this Kids Sea Camp event. The dive staff is highly experienced and kid-friendly. Kids Sea Camp staff is special needs friendly as well.
Belize Underwater's PADI certified staff will take you to the Southern Barrier Reef, and the Belize atolls. Dive Ranguana Caye, Glover’s Reef Atoll, the Elbow and Lighthouse Reef Atoll.
Although spearfishing in the protected areas is not permitted, divers do have the option to add spear-fishing lionfish to any dive! These invasive lionfish are hazardous to our reef, and you'll be helping the Belize Barrier Reef by catching them. We provide tridents for divers who want to spear-fish lionfish.
Rent your gear from our Belize Underwater or bring your own - our guides will set up everything, you just hop on the boat and go! During Kids Sea Camp weeks in Belize, we do offer other PADI courses for adults and young adults. Please give Margo or Zoe a call to discuss any continued dive education courses you may be interested in.
- PADI SASY program: 6 mornings of activities from 8 am -1 pm daily. SASY kids keep fins, mask, and snorkel.
- PADI SEAL TEAM: 6 mornings of activities from 8am-1pm daily includes all 5 aqua missions. SEAL kids keep fins, mask, and snorkel.
- PADI Open Water: All dives needed for certification (eLearning is not included. For eLearning, you will have to pay PADI directly. The link will be sent to you 4 weeks before departure to be completed prior to arrival.)
- PADI Dive Master course: RSVP 14 DAYS REQUIRED $675 add-on to package price/Contact Margo 803.419.2556 for more information. PADI C Card, E: learning and Crew Pack included
- PADI Dive Rescue Diver: RSVP $175 add-on to package price/Contact Margo 803.419.2556 for more information.PADI C Card, E: learning and Crew Pack included.
See more about Kids Sea Camp dive training
Families will enjoy spectacular views of the Placencia Lagoon and the Maya Mountains that set the scene at the newly opened lagoon restaurant – 16 Degrees.
The Cuisine: The dishes of 16 Degrees not only represent the tastes of Belize but the diverse flavors of Central America. The seafood is harvested from the sea in their backyard. The produce comes from family farms and their organic garden. With “Tapas” as the focus, there are many different, bright dishes with layers of history in the food. From the wood-burning stoves of Cayo, to the modest palapa on the beach, the flavors of 16 Degrees represent Belize’s most valuable resource: Its people. The many blended cultures of Belize open a culinary gateway to the fresh, wild tastes of the Caribbean.
Modern Belizean cuisine will merge the past and the present. Traditional values and flavors are always at the forefront of our dishes. The use of local, indigenous staples such as corn, chaya, and cassava influence many plates. The most prominent influence on the food is always, the small brick house on the corner, the food cart on a busy street, and the bed of a truck full of fresh garden produce. You can find this and much more, all located at 16 Degrees Latitude.
The 16 Degrees menu
Flying to Belize
You can book your international flights into BZE from anywhere in the world. Kids Sea Camp arrival and departure day is on Saturday. If you wish to come in or go out on different days or book additional days, We are pleased to do that for you.
Maya Island Air offers flights from BZE to PLJ. Rates for adults and kids run $265 round trip and the shuttle from the airport is included. If you did not purchase air thru us, then it is $75 per person for transfers from the airport to the resort. We have a total package set up for Roundtrip air, meet and greet and transfer to hotel for both PLJ Placencia where Belize Ocean Club is located and DGA the airport Dangriga where you need to arrive at Hopkins Bay. If you are booking both Belize Ocean Club and Hopkins Bay Beach Resort, we will provide transportation between the two resorts for you. Please make sure to give yourself enough connection time between BZE and your local flight. A minimum of 2.5 hrs is recommended.
Our partner, Blue Horizon Fly Fishing, is the premier adventure tour & excursion outfitter for travel and vacations in southern Belize. Led by legendary guide Lincoln Westby, your adventure poling the flats and casting for a Grand Slam will create memories to last a lifetime.
The flats and Cayes off the coast, protected by the Belize Barrier Reef, are prime targets for landing some of the most exciting species in the world. After an adventure on the water, return to the comfort and luxury of your 2-bedroom air-conditioned premium beachfront suite. For the novice to the expert, all necessary excursion equipment is provided at no extra charge.
Southern Belize has world-class fishing for:
Fishing, jungle hiking, jaguars, and ruins
Belize is so much more than beautiful beaches. Belize boasts the second largest barrier reef in the world, ancient Mayan ruins, jungles and wildlife reserves. There's no shortage of adventure options, but we have a few recommendations!
Blue Horizon Fly Fishing, is the premier adventure tour & excursion outfitter for travel and vacations in southern Belize. Led by legendary guide Lincoln Westby, your adventure poling the flats and casting for a Grand Slam will create memories to last a lifetime. The flats and Cayes off the coast, protected by the Belize Barrier Reef, are prime targets for landing some of the most exciting species in the world. For the novice to the expert, all necessary excursion equipment is provided at no extra charge. Southern Belize has world-class fishing for Bonefish, Permit, and Tarpon.
- Fly fishing half day: $350
- Fly fishing full day: $525
- Discover fly fishing: $275
- Catch & cook fishing: $210
- Reef fishing half day: $119
- Reef fishing full day: $145
- Belize Adventure Charter full day: $2,000
General Fishing times (can change depending on the tides)
- Full day: 8am-4pm
- Morning: 8am-12pm
- Afternoon: 1pm-5pm
Other cool tours to do: In addition to the use of kayaks, paddle boards and bikes on the property (which is included), we also invite you to some of the most unforgettable excursions and tours in Belize.
- Cockscomb Basin & Jungle River Tubing- World renowned for being the first jaguar reserve with over 128,000 acres of lush tropical rainforest. Explore the jungle trails of this flora & fauna sanctuary with a naturalist tour guide, home to all five of Belize’s cats: Jaguar, Puma, Margay, Jaguarundi, and Ocelot. After your hike, tube-float down the South Stann Creek for a uniquely close-up look at the jungle and then take a short hike to the waterfall for a cool dip to conclude your visit. Afterwards, enjoy a short picnic lunch before heading back. Time: 8 am to 3:00 pm Difficulty: Moderate Bring: bug repellent, sunscreen, hat, light long pants, swimsuit, towel, dry clothes, camera, binoculars, hiking shoes & cash for souvenirs. $90 per person
- Bioluminescence- This experience exposes guests to one of Belize’s Natural Wonders. This fascinating boat ride meanders through a jungle tunnel and mangrove ecosystem leading to Anderson’s Lagoon, where one experiences the mystical glow of nature! You'll be mesmerized by the Dinoagellates which are tiny unicellular marine plankton also known as fire plants. Witness the water coming alive in various neon colors while jellyfish and fish dart around the boat. SEASONAL. Only offered January to May. Time: 5 pm to 8:30 pm Difficulty: Easy Bring: camera, comfortable clothes, light jacket. $75 per person
- Horseback Riding- Ideal for both experienced and non-experienced riders. Leaving from Outback Stables, guests will pass through a citrus grove before entering into the hills that surrounded the Maya Mountains. The trail winds over Pine Forest Hills with beautiful views of the second highest peak in Belize. The trail makes its way over mounds of rock that are the remains of an ancient Maya Civilization until you reach the bank of the Sittee River. Take a break and a swim before hitting the trail again. Time: 8 am to 1 pm or 1 pm to 4 pm Difficulty: Easy Bring: bug repellent, sneakers, sunscreen, hat, swimsuit, light long pants, camera & cash for souvenirs. $100 per person
- Bocawina Tour Zip Line & Rappelling the Falls- After zipping on the longest zip line in Belize, fill up with a delicious lunch. You will then venture on a guided hike to Bocawina or Antelope Falls where you rappel one hundred feet down. Time: 8 am to 3:30 pm Difficulty: Moderate Bring: bug repellent, sunscreen, light long pants, swimsuit, hat, towel, camera, hiking or water shoes, & cash for souvenirs. $160 per person
- Xunantunich (Stone Maiden) & Blue Hole National Park- Enjoy the orange farms, banana farms and a good view of our Maya Mountains, during the three hours drive through the Hummingbird Highway, one way. Then cross the Mopan River on a ferry. The reward for climbing to the top of El Castillo is a spectacular view of the Cayo District and Petén Guatemala. The tour guide will stop for lunch at a local restaurant. On the way back, enjoy the fresh dip at the inland Blue Hole. Time: 7 or 7:30 am to 4:30 pm Difficulty: Moderate Bring: bug repellent, sunscreen, hat, swimsuit, towel, camera, sturdy shoes, dry clothes & cash for souvenirs. $160 per person
- Half day Chocolate factory tour: $70 per person