Kids Sea Camp travel tips
It’s important to pack appropriately when traveling with kids on long hauls.
We all know that airports can be a hassle these days but a little planning and preparation can make a big difference. Try these travel tips to help you breeze right through.
Before Your Trip
- Check your itineraries for seat assignments and make any ticket changes you need.
- Handle any special needs you might have before you get to the airport.
- Check to make sure the contact information we have for you is right.
- Take care of passports, visas, and any important papers you might need way ahead of time.
- Review our Check-in Options to see which is best for you
- Use our online Check-in tool and self-service kiosk to avoid long lines at the airport.
- Know the check-in requirements for your airport.
- Know the requirements for the security checkpoints where you’ll be traveling.
- Check security checkpoint wait-times and allow plenty of extra time for busy holiday periods.
During Your Trip
- Check the display screens and monitors in the airport to find your gate.
- Arrive at the gate early with your boarding pass and eTicket receipt.
- Keep an eye on the gate display screens that we have in most airports.
- Listen closely for announcements at the gate. It might be important stuff.
Make sure to pack a small carry-on with just a few of the following basics for you and the kids:
- Playing cards, books, puzzles
- Drawing paper and markers
- Small pillow
- Some comfortable socks
- Favorite food and snacks for the hotel room (remember the island does not always have the food kids like.pack some things like peanut butter, mac, and cheese, cookies, etc).
- Bottled water
- Contact solution (if needed)
- Sweatshirt for flight
- Any medicines needed
- Comfortable clothes
- Favorite book
- Hand lotion
- Pack your personal valuables with you
- Single parents traveling with kids outside the country need a notarized letter of “Consent to Travel” prepared prior to departure
Travel Documents Needed:
- Passports required-Copies of Passports (have one set with you and leave another at home.)
- C-Card for divers
- Airline tickets
- Travel documents
- Paperwork and Forms
- Waiver form: If your child has any breathing problems or other medical issues, you need to clearly state this so that we may be prepared to accommodate any special needs. We have in the past been able to create pleasant experiences for special needs children, kids with Asthma, hearing impaired children, some autistic children and we will do our best to make sure any child can experience Kids Sea Camp. We need this information ahead of time to ensure the safety of your child. You will need a doctors’ note letting us know your child can participate in the program you chose.
- Be prepared in case a bag is lost or delayed. Don’t get caught without the things you know you need.
Other Carry-on Suggestions:
- 1 bathing suit
- 1 set of shorts and t-shirt
- 1 set of undergarments
- Sun Block
- Dive regulator/computer
- Any item you will absolutely need
- Prescription medications
Other Suggestions for Packing for Trip:
- Plenty of sunblocks
- Level 30-45 waterproof sunblock for kids
- Insect Repellent
- The film, Disposal cameras (underwater).
- Converter for electronics. Voltage is generally 210-240
- After-sun products, Aloe Vera, etc
- Small medical kit
- Ear drops
- A cough and cold syrup
- Extra set of contacts
- Dive Gear
- Socks for use inside of fins – dive skins are handy if you have them