Grand Cayman: Cobalt Coast Resort
WELCOME TO GRAND CAYMAN KIDS SEA CAMP
(New) Spring break 2019, Cobalt Coast, April 13th – 20th or April 20th – 27th & June 15-22 All inclusive.
Kids Sea Camp is coming back to Cobalt Coast Resort. Cobalt Coast, in Grand Cayman for years was one of our mainstays during our spring break and summer weeks. In fact, Cobalt was one of the original host resort’s of Kids Sea Camp some 17 years ago.
Three years ago, Reef Divers and Clearly Cayman purchased the resort and has brought new energy and life to one of the more unique resorts in the Caymans. The pool, the deck, and the rooms have been going through a remodel since 2017 and a complete construction will be finish by 2019.
Kids Sea Camp is excited to be back home in Grand Cayman. Our founder Margo Peyton has spent nearly 25 years of her life living in or visiting on the big island of the Caymans. And Cobalt Coast is very much home for our company. The resort has hosted over 30 weeks of Kids Sea Camp family weeks.
Thank you for considering Kids Sea Camp Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman.
15 years of Kids Sea Camps at this location. We are very excited to be back in this location with Reef Divers. Cobalt Coast has been completely refurbished with a new pool coating, New Dive shop and dive pavilion, Rooms have been redone and there are all new dive boats. Our package here is perfect for a family.
We offer SASY for kids age 4-7 and that includes daily water time, snorkel time and fun excursions and activities including a treasure hunt.
- Seal Team is the same but for 8-9 year old and they will learn all about the ocean and have a maximum dive up to 12 feet in the ocean. Seal Team will have daily Aquamissions and a family dive. We will be hosting Jr. Open Water for kids age 10+ and some of the best diving Grand Cayman has to offer for certified kids and adults. We have included Stingray City and the Kitty Wake wreck.
There will be fun activities and presentations throughout the week along with Pizza Movie night, Karaoke and steel drums, along with rum cake and rum punch.
Contact Margo Peyton for more information.
7 nights in the accommodations of your choice
- Airport transfers from the Grand Cayman airport to Cobalt Coast (If your wanting to rent a car, Andy's and Herts are located at the airport)
- 6 days of 3 boat dives daily for adults and certified kids will have both boat and shore dives daily.
- 3 meals daily, coffee, juices, and soda for all
- Pizza & movie night for kids and a night dive for adults and kids age 12+
- A treasure hunt for SASY, SEAL, JOW kids
- Fins, masks, and snorkels for SASY, SEAL
- JOW kids receive a mask and snorkel
- T-shirts, Tote Bags, luggage tags, flap straps and PADI hats or Beanies.
- Free use of Sealife digital underwater cameras to use all week
- Photo album online to download and share professional photos taken of the week, free of charge
- Photo classes, Marine presentations, 7 mi beach excursions
- Transportation to shopping or beaches
- Beach BBQ and Bonfire
- Open and closing ceremony and special dinner.
- Poetry presentations
- Adult rental gear is not included.
- AOW ($200)
- Rescue ($350)
- Divemaster course ($675, includes material, but not e-learning)
- Nitrox (Just e-learning is free)
Once you arrive on island
This is a general schedule that can change depending on the weather or other things beyond our control. Other activities such as lionfish hunting, photo dives, PPB dives, boat and drift dives for certified divers can be included in the normal schedule for activities.
- Saturday: Arrival day and orientation
- Sunday: 2 boat dives and Sasy, Seal, JOW and AOW training
- Monday: 2 boat dives and Sasy, Seal, JOW and AOW training
- Tuesday: 2 boat dives and Sasy, Seal, JOW and AOW training
- Wednesday: 2 boat dives and Sasy, Seal, JOW and AOW training and Pizza Movie night
- Thursday: 2 boat dives and Sasy, Seal, JOW and AOW training
- Friday: Family dive day and closing celebration
- Saturday: Travel day — back to reality!
Here are the 2019 rates for the spring break weeks at the Cobalt Coast.
|Hotel room (Single adult)||$2525||$2225|
|Hotel room (Two adults)||$1975||$1675|
|One bedroom ocean front suite (Two adults||$2,675||2375|
|One bedroom ocean front suite (single adult)||$2995||2695|
|One bedroom garden cottage (Single adult)||$2525||$2225|
|One bedroom garden cottage (Two adults)||$1975||$1675|
|Two bedroom garden cottage (Single adult)||$2,925||$2625|
|Two bedroom garden cottage (Two adults)||$2525||$2225|
|Two bedroom oceanfront suite (Two Adults)||$2825||$2525|
|Two bedroom oceanfront suite (One Adults)||$3425||$3125|
|Penthouse (One Adult)||$3325||3025|
|Penthouse (Two Adults)||$2925||$2625|
|Seal Team (Ages 8-9)||$1795|
|Sassy (Ages 4-7)||$1495|
|Diving kid and JOW's||$1875|
|PADI courses available to add-on to adult and certified diver rate. E:learning, crew pack materials and training included.||Advanced Open Water Course add-on to adult diver package $300 - Deep, Night, PPB, Fish ID, Boat dives, includes E:learning||Nitrox- E:learning required and included add-on to certified diver package or adult diver package must be completed prior to arrival, with unlimited Nitrox tanks $350 per diver||Rescue diver- E:learning included, crew pack, and training add-on to certified diver package or adult diver package $300||PADI digital photo/video course add-on includes use of under water camera $150||Deep Diver- certification 4 dives, age 15+ includes crew pack and training $250|
Reef Divers’ Valet Diving Service
With valet diving, you’ll experience Grand Cayman’s diving like never before.
At Cobalt Coast Resort, divers can also enjoy world-class shore diving on our house reef, just off our dock (weather permitting). And for the more adventurous, Cayman’s fabulous North Wall is just a short swim away.
Discover the abundant reefs of the Caribbean Sea with our much-acclaimed valet diving service. Reef Divers takes the work out of diving, so you can just relax and enjoy your vacation. On their custom fleet of dive boats, they will take you to explore the island’s elite diving sites.
With their superior diving service, all you have to do is get on a fleet of spacious 42’ and 46’ custom Newton boats. Reef Divers takes care of the heavy lifting, including changing your tanks after every dive. At the end of your 2-tank boat dive, they will handle everything, including the cleaning and care of your diving gear. Once you’ve experienced true valet diving, a regular diving experience will never be the same.
For more than 25 years, Reef Divers’ PADI- and SSI-certified professionals have been dedicated to ensuring the safety of divers and protecting the environment, while providing unrivaled diving adventures and exclusive concierge service.
Reef Divers also offers
- Snorkeling excursions
- Complete PADI
- Nitrox-enriched air upgrades
- Dive equipment rental.
Sting Ray City: One of the most common questions we hear is "can I drive to Stingray City?" The answer is "Not quite." Stingray City has been described as the world's best 12-foot dive. You'll find Stingray City in the shallows Grand Cayman's North-South. It is just inside a natural channel that passes through the barrier reef and Barker's National Park crossing the North Sound from Morgan's Harbor to Rum Point located on the other end of the Island. So, the only way you can get to Stingray City is by boat.
Kittiwake: Snorkel or dive on Grand Cayman's newest wreck site - the ex-USS Kittiwake. Sitting in 65 feet of water with the superstructure only 15 feet deep, this wreck perfectly situated to be enjoyed by both snorkelers or by divers. This is one of the easiest wreck dives to do in the Caribbean. An excellent wreck for beginning divers of all ages.
- PADI SASY program: 6 mornings of activities from 8 am -1 pm daily. SASY kids keep fins, mask, and snorkel.
- PADI SEAL TEAM: 6 mornings of activities from 8am-1pm daily includes all 5 aqua missions. SEAL kids keep fins, mask, and snorkel.
- PADI Open Water: All dives needed for certification (eLearning is not included. For eLearning, you will have to pay PADI directly. The link will be sent to you 4 weeks before departure to be completed prior to arrival.)
- PADI Dive Master course: RSVP 14 DAYS REQUIRED $875 add-on to package price/Contact Margo 803.419.2556 for more information. PADI C Card, E: learning and Crew Pack included
- PADI Dive Rescue Diver: RSVP $275 add-on to package price/Contact Margo 803.419.2556 for more information.PADI C Card, E: learning and Crew Pack included.
See more about Kids Sea Camp dive training
Sitting by the pool and enjoying the vast view of the Caribbean Sea
It’s the perfect place for enjoying the sea breezes, watching sunsets, or just enjoying the stars fill the night sky. For more casual lunches, dinners, or late-night snacks, order from the menu at our bar.
The restaurant can serve fresh, full, made-to-order breakfasts, or served buffet style, to help you get on your way to the 2-tank morning boat dives; American-style lunch (hand-formed hamburgers, wraps, or salads), and a continental three-course dinner with a daily special, to offer more menu options.
It's more like domestic flight
Getting to Grand Cayman is as easy as flying to any major city in the US. Almost every major US airport has a direct flight to Grand Cayman.
The main airport in the Cayman Islands, Owen Roberts International Airport, is located on the largest of the Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman. The sister island of Cayman Brac also has its own airport, Charles Kirkconnell Airport. These two airports serve as the Cayman Islands main ports of entry for visitors. Little Cayman is served by daily inter-island flights.
There are approximately 116 weekly flights into the Cayman Islands including 42 flights each week between Miami and Grand Cayman with connections to Cayman Brac and Little Cayman. Non-stop service from Miami is provided by Cayman Airways and American Airlines.
With 8 different airlines flying into Grand Cayman from the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, it’s easier than ever to book your Cayman Islands experience!
Inter-island service between Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman is provided by Cayman Airways and Cayman Express, making the Cayman Islands travel quick and easy.
Once your family is on island
Kids Sea Camp will arrange for all transfers to Cobalt Coast or you can rent a car at the airport. Be aware if you are renting a car it's an English Island so don't drive on the wrong side of the road!
Welcome to the Miami of the Caribbean, but it's on island time
Grand Cayman is the most modern of the Caribbean island Kids Sea Camp takes vacationing families. Renting a car is the best way to see the island. And there is plenty to do besides diving such as; snorkeling, Charter fishing, shopping in Georgetown, simply sitting on the seven-mile beach or checking at a local Rum shop. The list can go on and on.
Here are a few of the unique attractions on Grand Cayman
Hell: Hell is located just a few miles from Cobalt Coast Dive Resort. It's about 30 minutes by walking or 5 minutes by car. You can stop off in Hell and meet the Devil himself, Mr. Ivan Farrington. He's quite a character and he'll enjoy the hell out of you stopping by to say hi to him.
The Cayman Turtle Farm: Island Wildlife Encounter first opened its doors in 1968 - becoming the first commercial venture to domesticate Green Sea Turtles. Since then the Farm's research and conservation experts have seen the release of over 31,000 Green Sea Turtles into the wild – and they have been gratified to witness the return of some of these turtles back to Cayman's beaches to lay their own eggs.
The unique facility has also become Cayman's largest land-based attraction hosting more than 200,000 visitors each year. Educational, cultural and entertainment programs are consistently being created and updated to enhance the fascinating Cayman Turtle Farm experience.
Camana Bay: The island calls it the newest city on the island, but really it's a shopping center with excellent shops and restaurants. It's a great way to enjoy an afternoon after diving — that's even a movie theater in the shopping area.
Cayman Motor Museum: When at Cobalt Coast Resort you really need to pop over to the Cayman Motor Museum. Cobalt Coast is just a few minutes away from the Cayman Motor Museum where you can see Grand Cayman's first car or one of the original Batman cars from the 70's.