Grand Cayman: Cobalt Coast Resort
WELCOME TO GRAND CAYMAN KIDS SEA CAMP
Grand Cayman in Cobalt Coast Resort is one of our favorite destinations for a quick easy family getaway vacation. In fact, Cobalt was one of the original host resorts for Kids Sea Camp
Looking for a 2021 Cayman Island group trip: Our Kids Sea Camp Cayman Islands trips for 2021 will be held in Cayman Brac at Brac Reef Beach Resort.
2022 Spring Break: April 9th to 16th and April 16th to 23rd
2023 Spring Break: April 8th to 15th
We provide and booked year-round dive reservations to all the Clearly Cayman Properties on Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, and Cayman Brac. If you want to book your family on a private family dive vacation in Cayman Island, give us a call at (803)-419-2556
Reef Divers and Clearly Cayman purchased the resort in 2017 and have brought new energy and life to one of the more unique resorts in the Caymans. The pool, the deck, and the rooms have been remodeled and a complete update will be finished by 2020. This is a small boutique-style hotel that sits right on the ocean-facing the North West side of Grand Cayman. It offers some truly awesome shore diving with a boat pick up right from the dock.
One of my favorite things about Reef Divers is the Valet Diving service they provide every diver. This was a thing known only to the South Pacific Island resorts, but Reef Divers is stepping it up with class and service. You just sit down on the dive bench and wait to have your gear adorned. Stand up and giant stride off into the calm blue Caribbean Sea. It is pampered diving for sure, but our grandparents, divers with hip or knee replacements, and even those that just love to be pampered can’t get enough of it. The resort has two stories of room, Walkout to the pool on the first floor, and beautiful ocean views on the second. We create a wonderful small intimate group with lots of Karaoke fun, slide shows, and Island tours. You will surely enjoy Grand Cayman for the next family dive vacation.
Our founder Margo Peyton has spent nearly 25 years of her life living in or visiting on the big island of the Caymans. And Cobalt Coast is very much home for our company. Robbie Peyton was born in Grand Cayman, became a PADI Dive Instructor in Grand Cayman. The Peytons continue to call the Cayman Islands their home away from home.
Terms & Conditions No refund policy applies to all payments made to Kids Sea Camp inc. This includes disruptions due to weather, illness, pandemic, epidemic, acts of God, war, government mandates, canceled/delayed flights, and all unforeseen circumstances outside of Kid Sea Camp inc control.
Travel insurance is highly recommended for all trips. Kids Sea Camp is not an insurance company and does not collect payment for any insurance purchased with DAN, MASA, or USI. We provide links to sources that may assist you on our website www.familydivers.com
Springtime in Grand Cayman
20 years of Kids Sea Camps at this location. We are very excited to be back in this location with Reef Divers in 2022. Cobalt Coast dive resort has been completely refurbished with a new pool coating, new dive shop, restaurant, and dive pavilion, rooms have been redone and there are all new dive boats. Our package here is perfect for a family.
We offer SASY for kids age 4-7 and that includes daily water time, snorkel time, and fun excursions and activities including a treasure hunt.
- Seal Team is the same but for 8-9 years old and they will learn all about the ocean and have a maximum dive up to 12 feet in the ocean. Seal Team will have daily Aqua missions and a family dive. We will be offering Jr. Open Water for kids age 10+ and some of the best diving Grand Cayman has to offer for certified kids and adults. We have included Stingray City and the Kittiwake wreck.
There will be fun activities and presentations throughout the week along with Pizza Movie night, Karaoke, and steel drums, along with rum cake and rum punch.
Contact Margo Peyton for more information 803-419-2556.
7 nights in the accommodations of your choice
- Airport transfers from the Grand Cayman airport to Cobalt Coast (If your wanting to rent a car, Avis and Hertz are located at the airport)
- 5 days of 3 boat dives daily for adults and certified kids will have both boat and unlimited shore dives daily.
- Kitti Wake dive and permit included
- 1 trip to Stingray City on Friday, the family dive (Weather permitting)
- 3 meals daily, coffee, juices, and for kids age 16 and under soft drinks are included
- Pizza & movie night for kids and adults
- A treasure hunt for SASY, SEAL, JOW kids
- Scubapro fins, masks, and snorkels for SASY, SEAL to keep
- Dive gear rental for kids in SASY, SEAL TEAM, and JOW age 14 and under.
- JOW kids receive a mask and snorkel full rental gear is included for all kids age 14 and under
- T-shirts, Tote Bags, luggage tags, and PADI hats or Beanies.
- PADI Jr. Dive Master Course and Dive Master course training.
- Photo album online to download and share professional photos taken of the week, free of charge
- Marine presentations, 7 mi beach excursion
- Transportation to shopping or beaches
- Beach BBQ
- Open and closing ceremony and special private dinners.
- Poetry presentation and closing ceremony with rum cakes.
- Certified diver rental gear is not included for adults or kids 15 and older.
- Courses outside of our core packages (Sasy, Seal, JOW).
- e-learning for any course.
- Nitrox course $350 includes free nitrox gas all week, e: learning, certification card, exam, and review with the instructor. Please contact Kids Sea Camp 803-419-2556
- Guided night dive is not included.
Once you arrive on the island:
This is a general schedule that will change and filled in with more detail that will be provided to you on the island.
- Saturday: Arrival day and orientation, swimming, snorkeling, welcome dinner.
- Sunday: 3 boat dives daily for all certified divers and Sasy, Seal, JOW and other courses being offered will start at 7:30 am. Lunch is served between 12-2 and afternoon activities will be posted on island each day.
- Monday: 3 boat dives daily for all certified divers and Sasy, Seal, JOW, Pizza Movie night tonight and optional night dive.
- Tuesday: 3 boat dives daily for all certified divers and Sasy, Seal, JOW, Crystal Caves, Botanical gardens, diving and other activities.
- Wednesday: 3 boat dives daily for all certified divers and Sasy, Seal, JOW, Graduation for Open Water divers today.
- Thursday: 3 boat dives daily for all certified divers and Sasy, Seal, JOW, Kittiwake dives, dinner and presentations
- Friday: Family dive day dive, StingRay City, and free time for families to enjoy.Closing celebration and dinner tonight.
- Saturday: Travel day — back to reality!
To see a sample schedule, click on the link- Grand Cayman, Cobalt Coast 2020 spring schedule
The 2022 and 2023 rates at the Cobalt Coast on Grand Cayman do not include round trip air or VAT.
|Hotel room (Single adult)||$2,825||$2,525|
|Hotel room (Two adults)||$2,275||$1,975|
|One bedroom ocean front suite (Two adults||$2,975||$2,675|
|One bedroom ocean front suite (single adult)||$3,295||$2,995|
|Two bedroom oceanfront suite (Two Adults)||$3,225||$2,995|
|Two bedroom oceanfront suite (One Adults)||$3,725||$3,425|
|Penthouse/ Mermaid suite (One Adult)||$3,725||$3,325|
|Penthouse/ Mermaid suite (Two Adults)||$3,225||$2,925|
|Seal Team (Ages 8-9)||$2,195|
|Sassy (Ages 4-7)||$1,895|
|Diving kid and JOW's age 16 and under||$2,275|
|PADI courses available to add-on to adult and certified diver rate. E:learning, crew pack materials and training included.||Advanced Open Water Course add-on to adult diver package or PADI Open Water add on includes E:learning TBA pp||Nitrox- E:learning required and included add-on to certified diver package or adult diver package must be completed prior to arrival, with unlimited Nitrox tanks TBA per diver|
|Rescue diver- E:learning included, crew pack, and training add-on to certified diver package or adult diver package TBA||PADI digital photo/video course add-on includes E: learning and use of under water camera TBA||Deep Diver- certification 4 dives, age 15+ includes crew pack and training TBA|
Reef Divers’ Valet Diving Service
With valet diving, you’ll experience Grand Cayman’s diving like never before.
At Cobalt Coast Resort, divers can also enjoy world-class shore diving on our house reef, just off our dock (weather permitting). And for the more adventurous, Cayman’s fabulous North Wall is just a short swim away.
Discover the abundant reefs of the Caribbean Sea with our much-acclaimed valet diving service. Reef Divers takes the work out of diving, so you can just relax and enjoy your vacation. On their custom fleet of dive boats, they will take you to explore the island’s elite diving sites.
With their superior diving service, all you have to do is get on a fleet of spacious 42’ and 46’ custom Newton boats. Reef Divers takes care of the heavy lifting, including changing your tanks after every dive. At the end of your 2-tank boat dive, they will handle everything, including the cleaning and care of your diving gear. Once you’ve experienced true valet diving, a regular diving experience will never be the same.
For more than 25 years, Reef Divers’ PADI- and SSI-certified professionals have been dedicated to ensuring the safety of divers and protecting the environment, while providing unrivaled diving adventures and exclusive concierge service.
Reef Divers also offers
- Snorkeling excursions
- Complete PADI
- Nitrox-enriched air upgrades
- Dive equipment rental.
Sting Ray City: One of the most common questions we hear is "can I drive to Stingray City?" The answer is "Not quite." Stingray City has been described as the world's best 12-foot dive. You'll find Stingray City in the shallows Grand Cayman's North-South. It is just inside a natural channel that passes through the barrier reef and Barker's National Park crossing the North Sound from Morgan's Harbor to Rum Point located on the other end of the Island. So, the only way you can get to Stingray City is by boat.
Kittiwake: Snorkel or dive on Grand Cayman's newest wreck site - the ex-USS Kittiwake. Sitting in 65 feet of water with the superstructure only 15 feet deep, this wreck perfectly situated to be enjoyed by both snorkelers or by divers. This is one of the easiest wreck dives to do in the Caribbean. An excellent wreck for beginning divers of all ages.
- PADI SASY program: 6 mornings of activities from 8 am -3 pm daily. SASY kids keep fins, mask, and snorkel.
- PADI SEAL TEAM: 6 mornings of activities from 8 am-3 pm daily includes all 5 aqua missions. SEAL kids keep fins, mask, and snorkel.
- PADI Open Water: All dives needed for certification (eLearning is not included. For eLearning, you will have to pay PADI directly. The link will be sent to you 4 weeks before departure to be completed prior to arrival.)
See more about Kids Sea Camp dive training
Sitting by the pool and enjoying the vast view of the Caribbean Sea
It’s the perfect place for enjoying the sea breezes, watching sunsets, or just enjoying the stars fill the night sky. For more casual lunches, dinners, or late-night snacks, order from the menu at our bar.
The restaurant can serve fresh, full, made-to-order breakfasts, or served buffet style, to help you get on your way to the 2-tank morning boat dives; American-style lunch (hand-formed hamburgers, wraps, or salads), and a continental three-course dinner with a daily special, to offer more menu options.
It's more like a domestic flight
Getting to Grand Cayman is as easy as flying to any major city in the US. Almost every major US airport has a direct flight to Grand Cayman.
The main airport in the Cayman Islands, Owen Roberts International Airport, is located on the largest of the Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman. The sister island of Cayman Brac also has its own airport, Charles Kirkconnell Airport. These two airports serve as the Cayman Islands' main ports of entry for visitors. Little Cayman is served by daily inter-island flights.
There are approximately 116 weekly flights into the Cayman Islands including 42 flights each week between Miami and Grand Cayman with connections to Cayman Brac and Little Cayman. Non-stop service from Miami is provided by Cayman Airways and American Airlines.
With 8 different airlines flying into Grand Cayman from the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, it’s easier than ever to book your Cayman Islands experience!
Inter-island service between Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman is provided by Cayman Airways and Cayman Express, making the Cayman Islands travel quick and easy.
CAYMAN ISLAND COVID INFORMATION
(AS OF ) OCTOBER 19, 2020) Not opening to travelers until possibly mid-January 2021.
Cayman Island Tourism Board information
Once your family is on the island
Kids Sea Camp will arrange for all transfers to Cobalt Coast or you can rent a car at the airport. Be aware if you are renting a car it's an English Island so don't drive on the wrong side of the road!
Welcome to the Miami of the Caribbean, but it's on island time
Grand Cayman is the most modern of the Caribbean island Kids Sea Camp takes vacationing families. Renting a car is the best way to see the island. And there is plenty to do besides diving such as; snorkeling, Charter fishing, shopping in Georgetown, simply sitting on the seven-mile beach or checking at a local Rum shop. The list can go on and on.
Here are a few of the unique attractions on Grand Cayman
Hell: Hell is located just a few miles from Cobalt Coast Dive Resort. It's about 30 minutes by walking or 5 minutes by car. You can stop off in Hell and meet the Devil himself, Mr. Ivan Farrington. He's quite a character and he'll enjoy the hell out of you stopping by to say hi to him.
The Cayman Turtle Farm: Island Wildlife Encounter first opened its doors in 1968 - becoming the first commercial venture to domesticate Green Sea Turtles. Since then the Farm's research and conservation experts have seen the release of over 31,000 Green Sea Turtles into the wild – and they have been gratified to witness the return of some of these turtles back to Cayman's beaches to lay their own eggs.
The unique facility has also become Cayman's largest land-based attraction hosting more than 200,000 visitors each year. Educational, cultural and entertainment programs are consistently being created and updated to enhance the fascinating Cayman Turtle Farm experience.
Camana Bay: The island calls it the newest city on the island, but really it's a shopping center with excellent shops and restaurants. It's a great way to enjoy an afternoon after diving — that's even a movie theater in the shopping area.
Cayman Motor Museum: When at Cobalt Coast Resort you really need to pop over to the Cayman Motor Museum. Cobalt Coast is just a few minutes away from the Cayman Motor Museum where you can see Grand Cayman's first car or one of the original Batman cars from the '70s.