Philippines: Sea Explorers
WELCOME TO THE PHILIPPINES KIDS SEA CAMP FAMILY DIVE ADVENTURE VACATION
This is our #1 top choice for family diving. There are few diving destinations in the world like the Philippines. The diving offers; muck diving, macro diving, big animal encounters, whale sharks, giant frogfish, and macro frogfish. The Pygmies, Wow are they cool! That’s right, the Philippines has Pygmy Seahorses and a multitude of nudibranchs found nowhere else in the world.
The dates for 2021
We love the Philippines so much, that we wanted your family dive vacation to include both Dauin and Cabilao for a 12 night, 11-day package.
- Pura Vida, Cabilao, July 3rd-8th: Kids Sea Camp group trip, (5 nights and 4 days of diving )
- Pura Vida Homes, Dauin, June 8th-15th: Kids Sea Camp group trip continues from Cabilao, (7 nights and 6 days of diving, fully escorted by Sea Explorers)
- Amun ini: (add-on after Dauin 5 nights July 15-20th scheduled as part of group trip)
- Malapascua: Add on to dive with the Thresher sharks will bee for arrival on June 10th depart on the 13th 3 nights diving on 11th and 12th with sharks. Contact Margo Peyton for more information, This is a minimum 70 ft dive it is for kids age 12 and older with AOW certification. $1500 pp includes private transfers, diving, meals, and accommodations at Ocean Vida Resort. Dbl
- Amuni ini, Boho, June 13th-17th (4 nights)
- Pura Vida Homes, Dauin, June 17th-23rd: Kids Sea Camp group trip continues from Cabilao, (7 nights and 6 days of diving, fully escorted by Sea Explorers)
- Pura Vida, Cabilao, June 23rd-28th, (5 nights and 4 days of diving )
- Pura Vida, Cabilao, June 13th-18th, (5 nights and 4 days of diving )
- Pura Vida Homes, Dauin, June 18th-24th: Kids Sea Camp group trip continues from Cabilao, (7 nights and 6 days of diving, fully escorted by Sea Explorers)
- Amuni ini, Boho, June 24th-28th (4 nights)
These resorts are 5-stars PADI resorts and have superb service and excellent food. This family dive vacation is a private charter, A professional photographer will photograph your family throughout the trip and you will be provided with images that last a lifetime.
Something for everyone
Kids Sea Camp trips include many activities outside of diving and we are happy to customize as much as we can with individual families as needed.
We charter PADI 5 star resorts and their dive operation to run our desired and custom created curriculum. We focus on educational and cultural experiences for the entire family.
We understand that there are family members that do not dive and understand new diving kids are not always wanting to just dive every day. We have created a diversified daily schedule to suit all family members.
Our first couple of days of diving are generally refreshing for the kids that they need to remember. We go over how to set up your gear and how to use it. Kids Sea Camp will also check buoyancy, navigation, signals underwater, and any concerns. As the week progresses, we move on to having fun and improving confidence and diving. We can and will do the same as a refresher for adults when requested.
We offer SASY, Seal Team, PADI certification classes, and even discover scuba in the Philippines. For kids that are already certified, we can do; digital photography, Fish ID, Adventure Diver, and even Advanced Open Water certifications. We also offer other specialties and depending on the number of participants. We have family time together and time for making new friends. We have included cultural activities, presentations, and tours in both Dauin and Cabilao.
2020 KSC Terms & Conditions No refund policy applies to all payments made to Kids Sea Camp inc. This includes disruptions due to weather, illness, pandemic, epidemic, acts of God, war, government mandates, canceled/delayed flights, and all unforeseen circumstances outside of Kid Sea Camp inc control.
Travel insurance is highly recommended for all trips. Kids Sea Camp is not an insurance company and does not collect payment for any insurance purchased with DAN, MASA or USI. We provide links to sources that may assist you on our website www.familydivers.com
Introducing the magical islands of the Visayas Sea
Immersion travel begins and ends with this family adventure!
By Margo Peyton, founder of Kids Sea Camp
After landing in Manila (MNL), you will pass through customs and immigration, You will then be met by friendly smiles and helpful hands, The Philippine Department of tourism, with Biggs Eggert of Sea Explorers, handing you a cool facecloth and a bottle of water. and assisting with the collection of your bags. We then will be heading to your domestic departure for your connecting flight to (Tag ) airport by private transfer. You will be met and transferred to Cabilao Pura Vida, Pura Vida Homes by private vans. We will have a short transfer to a private pier and then a short boat transfer to Ocean Vida Cabilao.
You will be diving with Sea Explorers, a PADI 5-Star IDC, during our entire stay in the Philippines. Top-notch service, smaller dive gear and tanks for kids is provided and included, a well-trained staff for all levels of divers. Sea Explorers will accommodate big rig photographers and first-time divers alike. Each boat has hot coffee and tea, and warm face cloths, fresh fruit, and baked bread and other goodies that await you when you returned from your dive. To top it all off, you do not ever have to touch your gear accept to put in on and giant stride into your next dive. Dive gear is rinsed and set up perfectly adorned atop of your tank, awaiting your return. Heaven! Nothing makes the staff happier on this trip than to see the smile on your faces, and that’s why their tagline is “Dive with a smile” because you certainly will.
Cabilao June 13th-18th, 2020 Cabilao sits on its own islet, surrounded by pristine reefs. With deluxe ocean-view suites and rooms dotted along the hill and beach.
These are humble people, that prized family and each other above all things. Unlike most places, all the dive staff with Sea Explorers is provided health insurance and is well paid. Chris and Biggs treat them like family and they are just that.
I must say Cabilao had the most incredible and vibrant reefs I have ever seen in my 30 years of diving. It affected me so much, that I dreamt about the colors for months, and it sadly changed my mind’s eye when diving the Caribbean. For 5 nights and 4 days, You will enjoy the charm and impeccable service at the Cabilao Pura Vida resort. 4 days of 3 dives per day, meals and village school excursions. a spectacular Sea Explorer resort is called Pura Vida: All Oceanfront rooms sitting on this the smallest of islets completely surrounded by the spectacular coral reef. The diving will provide a plethora of pygmy seahorses, turtles, rays, sharks, and schools of wild dolphins. This boutique Island resort is perfect for small groups, family reunions and Kids Sea Camp. I loved the personal closeness this resort offers along with the continued exceptional service, food, and spa.
Last but not least, Biggs will arrange for the group to travel over to the chocolate hills, zip line and the hanging bridge all on the island of Bohol during your stay.
June 18th you are transported from Cabilao on our same banka boats. Lunch is served and the majestic views along the way are surely not to be missed photo opportunities with 2 dives including Oslob with snorkeling and diving with the whale sharks. Sea Explorers staff sings and plays music, entertaining the kids all along the way to Dauin via Oslob.
Dauin Jun 18-25th 2020 Pura Vida Homes and Resort. The one and two-bedroom villas can easily accommodate families of 5 and are crafted from rich hardwoods and majestic views. The beautiful beach, 2 pools, gym, spa and wedding chapel were most inspiring.
Along with all the local traditions, there is a very modern feel, microwaves, coffee makers, and the most comfortable beds in all the Philippines. There are villages to explore, a mountain school, and more amazing diving than any other place in the world I have dove. This trip is over the top, and hands down my favorite destination to dive.
Diving Apo Island provides an endless view of colorful soft corals, teeming with fish and punctuated with my favorite, turtles! To end the day, you can do a muck dive. I had read about them for years and never thought the moment would come. Tiny orange frogfish the size of a gumball, vibrant tiger shrimp and anemone crabs, pink seahorses and little soft-bodied gastropods called nudibranch that presented extraordinary colors and patterns I could have never imagined. This type of diving allows kids to slow down and focus on the tiniest of beings in this magical underwater world.
You will enjoy some crazy fun diving Oslob on our way from Cabilao. With Sea Explorers, you will dive in 35’ of warm clear water while observing the whale sharks feeding on krill. I had only been diving with Whale sharks in the Galapagos, and it is just fabulous diving in these much warmer waters. Kids and families can snorkel or dive this from Dauin any time during their stay.
I hope you will find as did I this destination to be one of the most welcoming, safe, and smile driven places on earth. If you’re ready to take a break from electronics and your virtual world, I invite you to experience these magical islands of the Visayas Sea.
The Philippines brings your imagination to life. Join us for an epic dive journey to the Philippines to explore and experience new worlds above and below that will open your children’s eyes to a humbleness, happiness and a new way of looking at life that they will remember forever.
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for a newer and richer experience.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
Let's go island hopping in 2021 July 15 - 20th 2021
Amun ini, This portion is an add on and is 0ptional pre or post: Kids Sea Camp week for some to enjoy the best macro diving in the world at this luxurious oceanfront resort, beautiful beaches, and spa as well as the best part of the trip for macro photography. Flights are into TAB for guests including both Amun ini and Cabilao. Please let us know how many nights you would like to add on and we will quote and arrange.
- Ocean View Deluxe Room double or twin share
- Meet and greet in Manila (welcoming by a representative in Manila arrival area for main group & Sea Explorers representative for any other arrival.
- Transfer from the domestic terminal to the International terminal excl. domestic flights if required
- One way transfer from Tagbilaran pier or Airport to Amun Ini (approx. 2 hrs drive from pier or Airport to resort)
- One-way transfer from Amun Ini to Pura Vida Dauin
- all meals included (breakfast, 2-course lunch & 3-course dinner)
- Complimentary Internet • Complimentary unlimited filtered drinking water • Complimentary coffee and tea in the room • Complimentary use of stand-up paddleboards, kayaks and snorkeling
- All government taxes excluding airport tax Diving
- 10 dives (incl. guides, tanks weights, marine park fees, up to 3 scheduled day boat dives daily)
Pura Vida Resort on Cabilao, July 3rd-8th 5 nights 2021
- Meet and greet in Manila (transfer to/from domestic terminal & International terminal ) Call Margo for information 803-419-2556.
- 5 nights
- 3 meals daily with snacks
- Welcome dinner
- Village school excursion
- Philippino presentations
- 4 days of diving up to 3 dives per day as schedule allows
- Daily basketball or volleyball with Tom Peyton
- Dive rental gear for kids
- Coffee, tea, juice with meals
- Private dive boats with snacks and cookies
- Private dive guides with Valet Dive Services
- T-shirt, hat, tote bags, luggage tags
- Fins, mask and snorkel sets for SASY and SEAL's
- Philippino night, food, music, and dance
- An opening ceremony and closing presentations
- Photo tip and slide presentations
- Transfer from Cabilao to Dauin via Oslob on the 20th of June for diving and snorkeling with the whale sharks
- Service charge, departure tax
- Any other meals other than mentioned above
- Any soft or alcoholic drinks other than mentioned above
- Gratuities- for dive staff
- Roundtrip air to from the Philippines
- Adult dive gear rental. You get a great deal if you purchase your gear from Kids Sea Camp. Give Margo or Tom call 803-419-2556
- eLearning or additional courses must be requested, not included. If you would like to take any additional courses please contact us ahead of time and we can arrange this with Sea Explorers. Additional courses are not included in your package.
Dauin, Pura Vida Homes Resort & Spa July 8th-15th, 7 nights 2021
- Arrival welcome on the 3rd of July 2021 for guests from Cabilao on the 12-night trip and for those just joining us in Dauin for a 7 night Philippines family vacation.
- 7 nights accommodation Vida Homes, 2 bedroom ocean view luxury apartments, Negros Island,
- Transfer to/ from DGT or Cabilao, Ocean Vida with transfer and guides
- Transfer out: from Dauin Pura Vida Homes to DGT airport on July 15th 1.5 hr private transfer
- 6 days meal package (includes breakfast, 2-course lunch, 3-course dinner)
- Private dive crew, personal tour guides, private transfers, private boats, private meals
- Special presentations, local music, and cultural presentations
- Shopping at the local market
- Special Beach BBQ night in Vida Homes for the entire group
- Use of conference facility for slideshows, etc
- Mountain school excursion guided tour
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
- Complimentary unlimited filtered drinking water and daily juices provided
- Complimentary coffee and tea in the room
- 6 days 3 boat dives daily, kids programs such as SASY, PADI Seal Team and PADI JOW
- 6 days snacks between dives on the boat (cookies, muffins, etc)
- Rental equipment for kids
- Photo album
- Free dive rental gear for kids
- Tote bags, t-shirts
- Free SeaLife cameras to use for your trip
- Kids Sea Camp certification PADI distinctive specialty
- Night dive
- Apo Island excursion
- 1 day trip to Oslob diving with the Whalesharks
- Inclusive Sanctuary Fees around Dauin, Hotel tax included.
- Service charge,
- Dive courses other than SASY, Seal, JOW
- Any other meals other than mentioned above, any other tours or additional dives in Oslob other than stated.
- Any soft or alcoholic drinks other than mentioned above
- Gratuities- for dive staff
- Roundtrip air to from the Philippines or within the Philippines.
- Adult dive gear rental. You get a great deal if you purchase your gear from Kids Sea Camp. Give Margo, Tom or Olivia a call 803-419-2556
- eLearning for digital photos, Advanced Open Water, or Rescue diver is not included. If you would like to take any of these additional courses please contact us ahead of time and we can arrange this with our staff.
Cabilao arrival at TAG airport on the 3rd of July 2021 Depart Cabilao on the 8th of July 2021
- Arrival in TAG on July 3 with a full escort to Ocean Vida Cabilao 1.5 hrs
- July 3rd (arrival), 4th, 5th, and 6th and 7th: Diving 3 dives per day
- July 8th Depart to Dauin via Oslob to dive with Whale sharks, lunch and check-in
- There will be a village school excursion one afternoon
- Excursions to the chocolate hills, zip line and monkey tour with lunch optional on 1 day
- All diving is with Sea Explorers Dive operation in all locations.
- July 8th: Full day transfer by Banka boat to Dauin with 2 or 3 dives and lunch including Oslob with the whale sharks.
- The opening presentation, group dinner, and good night sleep.
- July 8th -15th, daily diving 3 dives per day, with private boats, private guides, and valet diving service.
- Daily dive courses as confirmed.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily at the resort.
- From Dauin there will be 2 extended dive excursions to dive Apo Island
- From Dauin there will be 1 excursion to Oslob with the Whale Sharks
- There will be a Mountain school visit on the 14th of July
- Families should be departing from Dauin on the 15th of July from DGT to Manila.(MNL, unless staying in Amun ini from July 15-20th. Transfers to Amun ini via fast ferry with Kids Sea Camp staff.
Additional nights can be added to either location or extensions to Amun ini Resort or Malapascua. Please contact Margo Peyton for more information 803-419-2556
Pura Vida Beach and Dive Resort and Pura Vida Homes. Dauin, Philippines.
Amun Ini: 15 Oceanview and infinity pool view rooms, with either 1 king or 2 queens or 1 king and 1 twin bed configuration in each room. Fine dining restaurant with a farm to table foods, 5 star PADI dive shop located on the beach. 3 boat dives daily and 3 meals daily for all locations. Private boats, private diving, and valet level diving.
Cabilao Pura Vida Resort
The name says it all. Set right on the water's edge. This resort has beautiful ocean view cliffside deluxe rooms and spacious suites as well as beach deluxe rooms sitting on the white sand beach. You will find this resort charming, small and full of culture. It's perfect for families. Each room has wifi, AC, and spectacular ocean views. There is a local basketball court at the resort and Tom and the kids are always waiting for a pickup game. That and the nightly Karaoke make this one of the most fun weeks to enjoy for the kids. Private dining beautiful beaches and a world-class spa are all apart of this perfect package. Daily diving will include large schools of fish, turtles, and endless pristine coral reefs teeming with marine life for all to enjoy each day. The rooms are all ocean view with large balconies to enjoy the spectacular sunrise. 3 rooms are down on the beach and the rest upon the hill overlooking the sea. Rooms have 1 king or 2 queen and suites have one king and one twin bed, There are 2 large corner suites and one beachfront suite at Ocean Vida Cabilao. All resorts have a state of the are photo room for camera prep and charging stations.
Pura Vida Beach & Dive Resort has 27 rooms surrounded by a tropical garden. There are 5 different room categories: suite rooms, family deluxe rooms, deluxe rooms, and standard rooms. The standard rooms are located in the back of the resort with a beautiful garden view. All the other rooms are in the front part nicely arranged around the pool area near the beachfront. The restaurant is located on top of the Sea Explorers dive center directly at the beach. The beach bar, as well as the extended restaurant, are just beside the dive center near the pool area.
We have blocked several villas at Pura Vida Homes. This resort offers luxurious one, two or three-bedroom villas that can easily accommodate families of 3 to 6. Oceanfront villas crafted from rich hardwoods and majestic views. One master bedroom with a king bed and a second bedroom with 2 single beds in each of the 2 bedroom Villas. Full kitchens and living room with a balcony spanning the entire villa. Each overlooks the beautiful beach or 2 pools. There's a gym, spa and wedding chapel for those who may have another agenda.
Suite Rooms: The 2 suite rooms are located on the first floor of the two-story buildings behind the deluxe rooms. The big balcony equipped with a small mini-bar – refrigerator and two sunbeds offers a nice view over the tropical garden towards the pool. The suite rooms have a living room furnished with a beautiful set made of high-quality bamboo. In the bedroom, you will find a big matrimonial bed and a flat-screen TV as well as a split air-con to cool down the suite to your preferred temperature. The spacious bathroom features a hot & cold water bathtub with whirlpool, shower, and a double basin sink.
Deluxe Rooms: The 12 deluxe rooms consist of 5 double bungalows and 2 single bungalows located around the pool and 1 double bungalow by the beachfront. The rooms are equipped with split air-con, flat-screen TV, and minibar-refrigerator. 10 of the 12 rooms are furnished with 2 comfortable single beds which can be set up as a matrimonial bed, the other rooms have one double bed. The bathrooms feature a walk-in closet and a hot & cold shower. There is a relaxing garden or beach view from each of the deluxe room’s terraces.
Family Rooms: Giving families the opportunity having an accommodation to enjoy their vacation together the resort offers 3 different family deluxe rooms which all feature a nice terrace, hot & cold shower, air-condition, minibar refrigerator and TV. Two rooms are located on the ground floor of the suite room buildings directly behind the deluxe rooms. The Dolphin room is one big room furnished with 2 single beds and one matrimonial bed with a partial open partition and one bathroom with shower. The Blue Ring / Moorish Idol room are 2 rooms with a connecting door. Each room has its own bathroom. Moorish Idol has one big bed while Blue Ring is furnished with 2 single beds. The Hammerhead room is located in the back of the resort in a single bungalow. The big room offers a bar desk and two single beds. Almost any room request can be equipped with an additional single bed for a third person.
Standard Rooms: In the back of the resort you can find the 10 standard bamboo cottages. All the standard rooms are arranged in a U-shape offering a nice view from their balcony over the beautiful garden in the center. The rooms have either double or single beds and feature air-conditioning, TV, a safety deposit vault and an optional mosquito net. All the bathrooms are concrete and feature a hot & cold shower.
Vida Spa: Get your body pampered up after a day of diving in the resorts Vida Spa. Choose one of the 8 different massage treatments as well as a manicure and pedicure. Chill out and enjoy the relaxing ambiance during your treatment. The Spa also offers a sauna and a steam bath. You can have your treatments booked at your preferred time. There are also daytime specials, just inquire at the reception.
Vida Fit Gym and Fitness Center: Be fit with a smile is the slogan of our newly built fitness center in Dauin. Equipped with state of the art gym equipment made by Technogym, the gym also features air-conditioning, shower, and a changing room. For those who feel the need to do some cardio exercises, weightlifting, or simply just some stretching, the Vida Fit Gym, and fitness center is free for all our Pura Vida Beach Resort guests.
These are the rates for the 2021 July KSC 12 night trip at Pura Vida Homes in Cabilao July 3-8 for 5 nights and in Dauin with Pura Vida homes July 8th to the 15th for 7 nights in the Philippines. We have also included rates for two add-on adventures to Malapascua (Thresher Shark adventure) and or Bohol (Amuni ini Resort 5 nights from July 15-20th 2021.) Kids age 10+ are the same rate as adults. So if you have 2 adults and 2 kids over the age of 10, rate is quad. If you have 2 adults and 1 kid over the age of 10 rates are triple. If you have 2 adults and 3 kids or 5 people over the age of 10 us the 5 person rate.
|Duain, Pura Vida Homes||2021:7 nights and 6 days of diving (19 dives) includes Oslob Whale Sharks, Apo Island, unlimited shore diving||Prices do not include VAT||2022: 7 nights and 6 days of diving (19 dives) includes Oslob Whale Sharks, Apo Island, unlimited shore diving||Prices do not include VAT|
|Room Types||Divers rates||Non-diver||Divers rates||Non-diver|
|One bedroom, Vida Homes Condo (Triple)Per person with 3 people in room.||$3050||$2,625||$3,050||$2,625|
|Two bedrooms, Vida Homes Condo (Double Occupancy) Per Person with 2 people in 2 rooms.||$3,550||$3,100||$3,550||$3,100|
|Two bedrooms, Vida Homes Condo (Triple) Per person with 3 people in 2 rooms.||$3,250||$3000||$3,250||$3,000|
|Two bedrooms, Vida Homes Condo (Quad)Per Person with 4 people in 2 rooms||$3,150||$2,900||$3,150||$2,900|
|Three bedrooms, Luxury Vida Homes Villa with private pool (5 persons) Per person with 5 people in 3 rooms.||$3,250||$2,850||$3,250||$2,850|
|Three bedrooms,Luxury villa with private pool, Vida Homes Villa (6 persons)||$3099||$2,700||$3,099||$2,700|
|Seals & Sasy Staying in same room with adult||$3000||$2,900|
|Two bedroom Pura Vida Homes Condo with 5 persons||$3050||$3,050|
|Pura Vida, Cabilao||5 nights and 4 days of diving dives) can include Oslob Whale Sharks if you book entire trip.||5 nights and 4 days of diving dives) can include Oslob Whale Sharks if you book entire trip.|
|Room Type||Divers rate||Non-diver||Divers rate||Non-diver|
|Deluxe Oceanview 2 person in room. Rate per person||$2,650||$2,350||$2,650||$2,350|
|Suites ( Only 1 available) 2 persons in room, rate per person||$3050||$2,750||$3,050||$2,750|
|Single Rate 1 person in room.||$2,950||2,550||$2,950||$2,550|
|ADD-ON Bohol, Amuni Ini Resort||Call Kids Sea Camp about this optional add on 803-419-2556.||Call Kids Sea Camp about this optional add on 803-419-2556.|
|Room Type||Divers rate||Non-diver||Divers rate||Non-diver|
|ADD-ON Ocean Vida, Malapascua, (Thresher Shark Adventure)||Call Kids Sea Camp about this optional add on 803-419-2556.||Call Kids Sea Camp about this optional add on 803-419-2556.|
|Room Type||Divers rate||Non-diver||Divers rate||Non-diver|
|Ocean Front (dbl Occ.)||$1,600||$1,300||$1,600||$1,300|
Diving with a smile with Sea Explorers
We dive with the best for family and that is with Sea Explorers, a PADI 5 Star IDC. The Sea Explorers dive team is with us throughout our entire stay in the Philippines. They provide top-notch service. This dive operation has plenty of smaller dive gear and tanks for adults and certified kids. The dive staff is well-trained for all levels of divers. They accommodated big rig photographers and first-time divers alike.
Each boat offers hot coffee and tea, and warm face cloths, fresh fruit, and baked bread when you returned from your dive. And to top it all off, you don't ever have to touch your gear accept to put it on and take it off. It is rinsed and set up perfectly adorned atop your Nitrox tank, awaiting your return — Heaven!
Nothing makes the staff happier on this trip than to see the smile on your faces, and I guess that’s why their tagline is “Dive with a smile” because they certainly do.
- PADI SASY program: 6 mornings of activities from 8 am -1 pm daily. SASY kids keep fins, mask, and snorkel, rental gear included
- PADI SEAL TEAM: 6 mornings of activities from 8am-1pm daily includes all 5 aqua missions. Dive rental gear provided
- PADI Open Water: All dives needed for certification (eLearning is not included. For eLearning, use link provided and pay fee directly to PADI. E-learning needs to be completed prior to arrival.)
- PADI Dive Master course: RSVP 14 DAYS REQUIRED $675 add-on to package price/Contact Margo 803.419.2556 for more information. PADI C Card, E: learning and Crew Pack included
- PADI Dive Rescue Diver: RSVP $275 add-on to package price/Contact Margo 803.419.2556 for more information.PADI C Card, E: learning and Crew Pack included.
- KSC certification: PADI has approved its first Kids Sea Diver Specialty course. The certification developed by PADI and KSC founder Margo Peyton is designed to make families that dive together to become better dive buddies. The certification is to assist parents and other adult family members who want to update and refresh some of the basic skill divers learned during previous dive training. The program provides education for those wanting to become more aware of environmental issues and concerns impacting the regions they are currently diving.
- A KSC reboot, by going through the course a new Kids Sea Camp Diver will show mastery in both diving and be being a well-trained and confident parent and child buddy, team. Divers will have training and education in environmental stewardship and watermanship. There will be an emphasis throughout the course on safety, teamwork, and conservation.
The goals of the Kids Sea camp Diver distinctive specialty training:
- Reinforcement of the “Good Buddy” principles and practices for adults and kids diving together.
- Refresh divers with basic signs and skills learned in open water courses as well as updated skills and changes to technique since their certification.
- Educate parents and adults about the benefits of continuing education in diving.
- Encourage interest in leadership roles that promote responsible diving and safer dive planning.
- Discuss local eco-issues and concerns, customs and traditions and how this has impacted the local environments. Example: Overfishing, land run-off, plastic introduction, depletion of marine animals.
- Identify local environmental issues, discuss solutions and create awareness.
Digital photo course: $125 + e:learning. Underwater photography is one of the most popular diving specialties, and with so many underwater cameras to choose from, it has become easier and more fun than ever to capture images of your underwater scuba adventures. The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer course gets you going quickly, whether you use a point-and-shoot camera or a sophisticated DSLR like the pros. PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers who are at least 10 years old are eligible to take the Digital Underwater Photographer course. Because underwater photography is also popular with snorkelers, there is an option for avid snorkelers and skin divers to complete the course.
Nitrox course: $75 + e:learning. The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is PADI’s most popular specialty scuba course. Why? Because scuba diving with enriched air nitrox gives you more no-decompression time, especially on repetitive scuba dives. If staying down longer and getting back in the water sooner sounds appealing, then don’t hesitate to become an enriched air diver. If you’re a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who is at least 12 years old, you can enroll in the Enriched Air Diver Specialty course. Note that in some regions the minimum age is older than 12. You’ll learn why diving with air that has a higher oxygen and lower nitrogen content gives you more bottom time, along with enriched air equipment considerations. During a practice session, and two optional (or required) scuba dives, you’ll:
- Discuss managing oxygen exposure.
- Practice analyzing oxygen content in your scuba tank.
- Set your dive computer for diving with enriched air nitrox.
You may be able to get college credit for the PADI Enriched Air Diver course – ask your instructor to learn more.
PADI Whale Shark Aware certification: Whale sharks are the largest fish in the sea, yet are known as gentle giants with little known about their activities or population size. Research and monitoring programs are helping fill these knowledge gaps. Learn about whale shark biology, behavior and distribution. During two scuba dives or snorkeling excursions, practice passively observing these large creatures.
PADI Shark Aware certification: Sharks are crucial to marine ecosystems, yet sharks are in a global decline. Learn about the value of sharks and what is causing the rapid loss of shark populations. The course may include two scuba dives or may be presented as a non-diving education program. The first dive of this distinctive specialty course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
See more about Kids Sea Camp dive training
The Filipino feast
Pura Vida Restaurant: In the overlooking restaurant at the beach, the resort is serving its breakfast buffet. Pura Vida has also set up tables and chairs as well as a big group table at the beach where you can enjoy your lunch or a romantic dinner under the starry sky. The menu offers a wide range of meals from local menus through different Asian and European kitchen.
Pura Vida Beach Bar: At the Pura Vida Beach bar you can enjoy a wide range of tropical drinks and order some snacks. Directly beside the pool and at the beach, the staff will follow up your order and serve it while you enjoy your time on the sunbed.
Cabilao Ocean Vida: This restaurant is located on the hill overlooking the sea. Serving made to order breakfast, lunch from the menu and daily prepared dinner for the group with choices of fish, chicken, vegetarian and local dishes.
PASSPORTS & DOCUMENTATION
All travelers must have a current passport, adequate funds to support themselves, and a return airline ticket to travel out of the USA. Travelers must have a passport that is valid for 6 months from the date of entry to any foreign country. It is the travelers’ responsibility to ensure they have the proper documentation to travel into each country on his or her itinerary as well as for re-entry and return to their country. Please check with the appropriate consulate as well as your chosen airline carrier to ensure you have the proper documentation. Always check your passport and visa requirements. US citizens may go to the US Department of State website at www.travel.state.gov for more information. The website also has information for consulates by country to assist with requirements. There are special requirements for children leaving the US and many countries have adopted special requirements for the protection of children. If you are traveling with a child that is not your own, a single parent with a child, a child with a different last name, or traveling without both natural parents of the child, you will require documentation proving your right to travel with children. Since regulations vary by country, contact your consulate or embassy of your country and visit the immigration site of the country you are traveling to for the requirements. Kids Sea Camp Reservation Office and staff will not assume responsibility for passengers not having the correct documentation.
For those families that cannot avoid a stayover in Manilla Philippines on the way into or out of Dumaguete, Cabilao or Amun ini, our counterpart Bigs Eggert in the Philippines highly recommends the following hotel options.
We are all super excited to welcome you to the hidden paradise with Sea Explorers in the Philippines. The best choice for hotels close to the airport are the Marriott, as well as the stunning new complex called City of Dreams which includes the Hyatt https://cityofdreamsmanila.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html and the Nobu Hotel https://www.nobuhotelmanila.com/ , (located at the City of Dreams. We will have our meet and greet person to welcome you on your international flight and transfer you to the hotel. We can also arrange the pick up in the morning to connect to your domestic flight to Dumaguete, Cabilao or Amun ini with Kids Sea Camp and Family Dive Adventures trips.
Please make your reservation at one of the above hotels and let us know which you have chosen. We will then get transfers organized for you,. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you need any additional information
Contact Margo 803-419-2556 for information on getting to Dumaguete and Cabilao.
Other things to do at Pura Vida Homes
- Fish id
- Village tour
- Culinary classes
- Site seeing
- Learn to dive