The Galapagos is an experience out of a dream; alone in the deep with a whale shark the size of a school bus, accompanied by a school of Hammerheads like children running to catch the bus.
It is normal to encounter, whale sharks, huge turtles, schools of Hammerhead, and sea lions on one dive.
Family Dive Adventures can handle your entire family dive trip to the Galapagos. We can assist you with round trip air details, pre or post liveaboard tours within the Galapagos.
We have been diving the Galapagos with kids and family for 16 years. If you are considering this trip for younger divers ages 12-15 we highly recommend you go with our Kids Sea Camp group family trip. With Kids Sea Camp it’s a full boat liveaboard dive charter and we have additional staff and guides for families. There are other families on our group dive trips so kids have other kids to dive with.
The Galapagos is an advanced PADI dive destination with big animals. Kids must be mature and qualified to dive on any Galapagos dive vacation. We have been taking kids and families safely diving in the Galapagos, and are known for being #1 in the world for kids and families.
KSC GALAPAGOS, 2023: Tiburon Explorer, July 15th- 22nd (Private Charter)
Due to current COVID conditions this island is requiring all travelers over the age of 16 to show proof of COVID vaccination.
“The three of us swam together for a small piece of eternity just as I began to wonder about finding my way safely home. As I swam up to the shallows, through thick schools of fish and sleek Galapagos and hammerhead sharks, I waved goodbye to my two new friends and focused on the squadrons of sharks now surrounding me. That’s the thing about the Galapagos, it always gives you more than you bargained for.” By Margo Peyton, President of Kids Sea Camp and Family Dive Adventures
The Galapagos Islands possess an untamed beauty and excitement, giving one the feeling of being in another world. Though mere specks in the Pacific Ocean, these stark volcanic islands have emerged as one of the most significant biological wonders on Earth. Due to their geographical isolation and relative youth, a unique and fascinating array of plant and animal life has evolved there, representing a crossroads in evolution. To visit the Galapagos is to take an incredible journey back in time and just imagine the lifetime of memories created on this family vacation.
Why we go! See Gallery
Sample Itinerary (Itinerary subject to change due to weather conditions.)
- Day 1 (Day of arrival): On Saturday you will arrive aboard at San Cristobal Island, followed by a checkout dive at Isla Lobos. This site is the home to many sea lions, as well as sand dollars, black-blotched stingrays, puffers, and sea stars.
- Day 2: Three dives are scheduled at North Seymour and Mosquera which gives the opportunity to see Galapagos garden eels, sea turtles, sea lions, fur seals, golden eagle rays, yellowtail grunts, bigeye jacks, schools of snappers, and frequent sightings of whitetip reef sharks, hammerheads, and Galapagos sharks.
- Day 3 – 5: Every day three dives will be made at Wolf Island or Darwin Island. These dive sites are very well known for the high presence of hammerheads, and big Galapagos sharks. There is also the likelihood of seeing marine turtles, various types of rays, mantas, dolphins, moray eels, and invertebrates.
- Day 6: Three dives are scheduled at Roca Redondo and Vincente Roca where often sunfish, hammerheads, white tip reef sharks, manta rays, sea horses, and Galapagos sharks can be spotted.
- Day 7: On this day two dives at Cousins Rock and Bartolome Island are made in the morning, followed by a guided visit to the town of Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz Island in the afternoon. Cousins Rock is a perfect site for seeing black juvenile corals, Galapagos seahorses, octopuses, hammerheads, Galapagos sharks, green sea turtles, eagle rays, and schools of barracudas.
Day 8 (Day of departure): Check out day and departure from San Cristobal.
Diving with Dive Encounters or Explorer Ventures fleet
Please note: All the published prices on this page are introductory prices valid for travel 2022. From $6,395 pp – $6,695 Call to book today — 1.803.419.2556
- Galapagos Sky (liveaboard)
- Humboldt Explorer (liveaboard)
- Tiburon Explorer (liveaboard)
The packages include
- Northern Itinerary: Wolf and Darwin diving
- 7 nights diving
- Land tours
- Free nitrox
- Private divemasters
- Giant oceanic mantas
- Whale sharks
- 4 dives per day
- All meals
Not included in the packages
- Airfare (international and domestic)
- Equipment rentals
- Certification or specialty courses
- Hotel stays and/or day rooms
- Crew gratuity
- Port /park fees and or taxes
- Fuel surcharges (when applicable, cancellation/trip, and dive insurance are highly recommended)