KSC Pro Trips
Welcome to the Kids Sea Camp Divemaster and IDC program for 2021. So you want to go to the next level as a diver and serve others in the water? Kids Sea Camp working with the 5-Star Dive shops at the Mayan Princess, Buddy Dive, and Turquoise Bay. If you are want to become a PADI Divemaster or a PADI Dive instructor these four weeks are exactly what you are looking for.
Both the DM and IDC training takes around 14 days. It is possible to complete the IDC in a shorter time frame. For Divemasters who finished their training a while ago, it might even make sense to look for a program that allows repeating the skills before actually starting the IDC.
The course is followed by the Instructor Examination (IE) which takes two to three days.
Just think after finishing your IDC & IE you can start giving back to the ocean and creating new divers like; Junior Open water, Open water, Advanced Open water, Rescue, and even help with Seal and Sassy programs. Don’t wait to start sharing your love for diving and the ocean today!
DM Prerequisites & Requirements
- Age Requirement: 18 years or older
- Course Prerequisites: Rescue Diver, 40 logged dives, CPR and First Aid certification within 24 months, medical clearance to dive
- Time Commitment: Approximately 60 hours
DM Academic: The PADI Divemaster course will teach you to be a leader and take charge and run dive activities. The training includes knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities.
Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- The business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving program
KSC Dive Master Training
Roatan, Turquoise Bay and Mayan Princess rates:
June 12-19, Turquoise Bay: The one-week package, All-inclusive 7 nights shared room Dbl, 3 meals daily, unlimited diving, tanks, weights, belts for training, 20 training dives, exam, classes, hotel tax, and service VAT, round trip transfers. One week total: $1900 + (VAT $190), KSC Discount $95, Total due: $1,995.
June 19-26, Mayan Princess: The one-week package, all-inclusive, 7-nights shared room, meals, diving, training, exam, classes, hotel tax, and service One week total: $2,600 + (VAT $260) Multi-week discount $430, Total due: $2,430
Total for 14-day Dive Master training program: $4,425
Additional costs PADI E:learning and Crew pack
- $312 DM crew pack
- $259 DM e: learning PADI materials total
- $129 certification card
- Total PADI $700
Consider taking Dive Theory Online, another PADI eLearning® program, that takes you step-by-step through dive physics, physiology, skills, equipment, and environment, plus a Recreational Dive Planner (RDP) review. By successfully completing Dive Theory Online, you can get credit for half of the Divemaster Final Exam. Your PADI Instructor can explain how this works when you meet to schedule knowledge review sessions along with your water skills exercises, workshops, and practical assessments.
KSC PADI Instructor development course (IDC)
Bonaire, Buddy Dive Resort rates
July 10th-24th 14 nights: The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is made up of two parts – the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program. Students will complete the IDC and attend the Instructor Examination (IE), which is the final step to earn a PADI Instructor certification. Successfully completing just the AI course results in a PADI Assistant Instructor qualification. When an AI is ready to progress, attending an OWSI program allows entry into an IE to earn a full PADI Instructor rating. The package includes 14 nights, all dive training, 3 meals daily, tanks, weights, roundtrips airport transfers, Nitrox instructor training, EFR instructor training, and OWIS instructor training.
Total Bonaire IDC package: Per person, shared room rates $4,400 + (VAT$440) KSC total: $4,840. Fees paid on the island directly to the examiner and not included in the above package
- OWIS digital manual and elearning $600 (Paid to KSC)
- The IE. $715 paid to PADI examiner on island
- The instructor application is $199 paid to IE on the island
- EFR instructor application is $120 paid to PADI examiner on island
- EFR instructor manual digital $82 on island
PADI Instructor Development Course. Prerequisites & Requirements:
- At least 100 logged dives to attend the IE.
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months You also will become an Emergency First Response Instructor, you will earn this rating as it’s included in your instructor training.
- Academic Included
Over a minimum of 10 days, the IDC teaches you to conduct all PADI core courses. You’ll be able to organize and present information, conduct skill development sessions and control open water dives. Basically, you become a better public speaker and get really good at demonstrating skills while watching out for student diver safety.
Key topics includes, PADI Standards and Procedures for courses you can teach with in water workshops
- Learning, Instruction, and the PADI System
- Risk Management and Diver Safety
- The Business of Diving and your role as an instructor
- Marketing diving and sales counseling
- OWIS Instructor course
- Nitrox instructor course
- Emergency First Response Instructor course
Instructor E: learning. There are nine interactive knowledge development sections. Prestudy online saves classroom time, which allows more time for practicing the skills that distinguish you as a PADI Instructor.
IE last 2 days. You may be able to get college credit or the Assistant Instructor course and Instructor Development Course.