Cancel For Any Reason Travel Insurance
As the COVID-19 pandemic has swept across the globe, a type of travel
insurance called CFAR travel insurance (Cancel For Any Reason) has become the gold standard for travelers.
When you book a trip with Kids Sea Camp, we always recommend buying travel insurance for your trip. Despite the best planning and intentions, things can go wrong before and during a trip, and it’s best to be covered.
Families that purchased the high-end policy were more protected from financial loss due to the pandemic due to the flexibility and scope of this coverage. And moving forward, we simply don’t know what the future holds for both domestic and international travel. So why not buy travel insurance and insure your dive vacation?
Kids Sea Camp has been working to address what we see as challenges your families will face when traveling. During our research, we found USI Travel Insurance Services, a company that’s served travelers since 1973 and which is offering Travel Insurance with the optional CFAR upgrade for all future bookings. For more information about USI’s travel insurance plan including the CFAR upgrade option, view the information below.
To get a quote or buy today, visit our travel insurance sales site.
Please see this link for any COVID questions pertaining to your CFAR insurance from unused or postponed trips.
Travel Insurance Q&A
Can I get coverage in case I want to cancel in light of the evolving coronavirus outbreak?
Yes, for new bookings the recommended approach is to get a Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) Insurance plan. When you purchase this policy you can literally cancel for any reason (Even fear of the virus or general uncertainty would be covered.) and still receive coverage. This does not apply to the standard Travel Protection Plan; like most travel insurance plans, the standard plan provides a specific list of covered reasons, so any reason outside that list would not be covered.
What is the process to get a CFAR policy for me or my family?
- You must purchase the policy within 14 days of the date of your initial trip payment/ deposit is received. Buy CFAR travel insurance today. (Click the link)
- You must insure 100% of your non-refundable trip costs. You must insure within 14 days of payment/ deposit the cost of any travel arrangements so that you have paid in the full cost of
- all non-refundable trip costs prior to canceling the trip.
My trip got postponed and I will be traveling on alternate trip dates. Can I upgrade now to include (CFAR) when transferring trip dates?
No, CFAR can only be added at the initial plan purchase and must be done within the 14 days of your initial trip deposit.
What is the cancellation process for Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR)?
- You must cancel your trip 48 hours or more prior to your scheduled departure date.
- You will only receive 75% of what is not refunded to you by the tour operator at the time of cancellation.
5 reasons you need to get a travel insurance plan:
- If you have to cancel your trip, you may lose your non-refundable monies paid.
- You may experience travel delays or luggage delays or loss.
- You need coverage in case you get sick or injured while away from home.
- The plan with USI Travel Insurance Services gives you access to 24/7 assistance no matter where you are in the world.
- It’s a small price to pay to gain peace of mind.
What is the maximum trip length allowed?
The maximum trip length is 90 days (That’s a lot of diving)
What is the maximum number of travelers covered per application?
The total number of travelers cannot exceed 10 on the same policy. They must all reside in the same state.
Are there any restricted destination countries or locations?
Yes, coverage for travel to Iran, N.Korea, Crimea, and Syria and other locations with applicable sanctions regimes is restricted.
For more detail and to purchase CFAR travel insurance. (Click the link)