Indonesia: The Arenui
Komodo and Raja Ampat Family Dive Adventure aboard the Arenui
Live your dreams. These magical liveaboard journeys will create memories that last forever. Kids Sea Camp is celebrating its 20th-Anniversary with decadent diving in Indonesia and the island of Komodo and Raja Ampat. The trips are perfect for certified divers and adult non-divers. In our opinion the Arenui is the world’s first 5 diamond liveaboard.
2020 KOMODO: Both weeks (SOLD OUT), Hosts, Tom & Margo
(9 nights) 2021 KOMODO — FOCUS: July 17th – July 26th; From $6,450 per person for regular cabins (+$600 per person for master cabin) Hosts, Margo & Tom Peyton Deposit require $2000 per cabin.
( 9 nights) 2022 KOMODO — SUMBAWA: On the Arenui: June 24th – July 3rd, From $6,550 per person for regular cabins (+$600 per person for master cabin) Deposit required $2000 per cabin.
(New, 13 nights) Private Christmas and New Years charter: 2022 and 2023 GREATER RAJA AMPAT and SORONG: Dec, 22nd, 2022 – Jan 4th, From $9,300 per person for regular cabins (+ $650 per person for master cabin): Hosts, Tom & Margo
Deposit required $4000 per cabin.
Pre or post-week at Wakatobi or in Bali, available, just let us know the length of time you have and we will add on to your dream vacation.
You will be diving the stunning Indonesian archipelago, a true remote paradise, packed with 5-star dive sites to match our 5-diamond liveaboard and crew. Indonesia offers everything from healthy coral reefs to sandy critter hide-outs, with so much to see that one trip is never enough. Dive Komodo for incredible diversity from frogfish and nudibranchs to schooling jacks and mola-mola (oceanic sunfish), then travel to the untouched reefs of Alor and Flores, before heading into the Banda Sea to dive the wonders of Maluku (and visit the famous Spice Islands) but don’t forget to make time for Raja Ampat and its world-famous gorgonian sea fans, enigmatic wobbegong sharks and manta rays.
We have combined our impeccable service and care with the Arenui ‘s luxury to bring you a world-class diving trip, with a truly relaxing and luxurious liveaboard experience. On board, you can have it all from gourmet food, personalized service by its 22 member staff to amazing colorful critter-packed, large schooling fishes and large pelagic encounters. Photo classes and free cameras to use all week. Give Margo or Tom a call to answer all your questions.
The Arenui Liveaboard yacht is designed with a spacious boutique style cabins that once again invite guests to enjoy the country they’re visiting (local handicrafts and inspirations). There is a luxury restaurant serving international and local cuisine on board (evenings are waiter served a-la-carte) and an added both an outdoor sky restaurant and a top-deck sky lounge for massages, sunbathing, relaxing and enjoying the island views. Serving you aboard this luxury yacht, a well trained and enthusiastic local crew, including 2 highly sought-after chefs and 3 eagle-eyed dive guides, to join the 2 western cruise directors, adding up to 22 members of the Arenui onboard team providing you with truly personalized service for up to 16 guests.
Where are you going: Komodo is one of Indonesia’s most famous diving destinations. Manta rays, sharks, immense schools of fish and colorful reefs are just a few of the stars of Komodo.
Komodo is relatively remote but if you want an adventure and incredible diving it should be at the top of your bucket list. Expect to find an array of dive sits perfectly suited for drift diving. Water temperature can be chilly, sometimes dipping below 77°F (25°C), so bring extra layers of neoprene or a hood on top of a basic 3mm suit to stay warm. It is possible to dive year round due to the dry weather. Visibility is usually quite good at 66-100ft.
One of the most interesting dive sites is Makassar Reef. This is a 1.2mile (2km) channel with a unique seascape featuring craters and dunes of small rocks which have been shaped by currents. It is often said that it looks like the surface of the moon. For macro lovers, Komodo National Park has plenty to offer as well. Sheltered dive sites boast myriad critters hiding amongst slopes and walls of healthy hard and soft corals.
Komodo is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
Who can go: This trip is for certified divers and adult non divers.
- Private guides, private chef, land tours
- T-shirt/ hats
- Free underwater camera use while diving
- Slide presentations and photo slideshow of your trip
- Professional photos to take home
- Professional representation from Family Dive Adventures
- The shore activities/excursions according to the program
- Soft drinks and all meals on board
- Diving activities (generally 4 dives per day)
- Tanks, weights and weight belt
- Transfer from/to embarkation/disembarkation airport
- Port Clearance Fee
- Park and Diving Fees
- Fuel Surcharge
- International and domestic air transportation
- Hotels and meals before and after the cruise
- Alcoholic drinks
- Nitrox ($190 per trip per diver)
- Dive equipment rental (other than tanks, weights and weight belt) $40 per day(reg, BC, FMS, Computer)
- Massages and Spa treatments
- Travel insurance
- Onboard purchases
- Private tours
- On-board telecommunications
- Crew gratuities approximately 10% recommended
- VAT 7%
How to get there:
- It’s the best Indonesian airline
- they offer 95lb (43Kg) free of charge luggage allowance to scuba divers
This cruise starts or ends in either Labuanbajo (LBJ). For reaching/leaving Labuanbajo, we recommend using Bali as the hub as there are regular direct flights between Bali and Labuanbajo, using the airline Garuda (1 hour 35 minutes flight time). You can also use Bali as the connection city if you need to come from or go to other domestic cities such as Jakarta or Manado, or even for regional and international flights.
Terms and conditions
- 9-day trips:
- Booking deposit: $2,000 per cabin
- Deposit required within 7 days of booking – non-refundable
- 100 % is due to 90 days prior to departure – non-refundable.
- Individual booking made less than 90 days before the departure is payable in full at the time of booking.
- Cancellation at any stage involves forfeit of monies already paid.
- Booking deposit for 13 day trip $4,000 per cabin – within 7 days of booking it is non-refundable