Belize: Belize Underwater
Welcome to Belize Kids Sea Camp Family Dive Adventure Vacation
Belize: August 8th to the 15th, 2021
Welcome to your next best family dive vacation at The Placencia Resort in Belize! In 2021 we are heading to southern Belize, away from the hustle and bustle of the Belizean tourist centers. Kids Sea Camp is escaping to the peace and tranquility of the small town of Placencia. The guests will dive the second largest barrier reef in the world, you can expect healthy reefs with lots of marine life on every dive. Belize Underwater is one of just a few PADI 5-star dive operators in the southern part of the country that caters to dive families with kids
Also seen are large schools of fish, eagles rays, and nurse sharks. For the fisherman, the region has some of the best fly fishing for Bonefish, Tarpon, and Permit in the Caribbean (Check out the Belize fly fishing trip in 2021). The Placencia Resort is ideally situated at the edge of Belize, on the Caribbean Sea, in the heart of the 30 minutes north of the vibrant village of Placencia. Placencia is known for its annual lobster festival in June and the longest sidewalk, full of shops and restaurants, in all of the countries. If you want the authentic experience in the Belize family resort environment, welcome home.
Margo and Tom loved the Belizean culture and hospitality. The town of Placencia has 1,500 residents year-round, the pace is as slow and easy as a Sunday morning. It is a vacationer dream come true with a beautiful beachfront property, the largest pool in Placencia, multiple restaurants on the property and around the local area, and the warm Belizean smiles.
It really is all about: Eat, sleep and dive and dive some more.
The Placencia Resort is the ideal outpost to explore the Belize Barrier Reef, go fly fishing on the saltwater flats, climb ancient Maya cities, canoe, or kayak on Belize’s Jungle Rivers, go bird watching on rainforest adventures, or just relax in a hammock on the beach!
Open to US travelers on Oct. 1st (Must have a PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hrs of arrival) and use The Belize Travel Health
Muy’Ono COVID-19 information
Muy’Ono COVID-19 Video
Terms & Conditions No refund policy applies to all payments made to Kids Sea Camp inc. This includes disruptions due to weather, illness, pandemic, epidemic, acts of God, war, government mandates, canceled/delayed flights, and all unforeseen circumstances outside of Kid Sea Camp inc control. Travel insurance is highly recommended for all trips. Kids Sea Camp is not an insurance company and does not collect payment for any insurance purchased with DAN, MASA, or USI. We provide links to sources that may assist you on our website www.familydivers.com
Welcome to Placencia, Belize- The Placencia Resort family dive vacation
This is a wonderful addition to our Kids Sea Camp family dive adventure vacation venues. The Placencia Resort is a luxury beachfront property and will easily win over your family's hearts.
About the town of Placencia: Placencia is a small fishing village on the coast of the Stann Creek District in Belize. The village lies south of the country along its very own peninsula. It is known for its vibrant lively culture, known for the longest sidewalk in the country that has multiple artisan shops, local cuisine, and boutique hotels.
Placencia welcomes visitors with warm hospitality and a safe environment. The village boasts a rustic local beach vibe with many mom and pop restaurants (shacks), small bars, and gift shops. Over 1500 residents live in Placencia and work in fishing, scuba diving, and the booming hospitality industry.
The Placencia Resort Package
- 7-night stay in Beachfront or Beach view accommodation
- All meals
- 6 days of 2 tank boat dives with Belize Underwater
- 1-afternoon dive with beach lunch at Ranguana
- 1-afternoon beach lunch at Thatch Caye Resort
- Dive rental gear for kids
- PADI SASY program: 6 mornings of activities from 8 am -1 pm daily. SASY kids to keep fins, mask, and snorkel
- PADI SEAL TEAM: 6 mornings of activities from 8 am-1 pm daily includes all 5 aqua missions. SEAL kids to keep fins, mask, and snorkel
- PADI Junior Open Water: All dives needed for certification (eLearning is not included. For eLearning, you will have to pay PADI directly. The link will be sent to you 4 weeks before departure to be completed prior to arrival.)
- Volleyball and other beach games
- Tennis courts
- Free Wifi
- Photo slideshow and SeaLife cameras to use all week
- SeaLife cameras to use all week.
- SEAL team keep mask, fins, and snorkel
- SASY keep mask, fins, and snorkel
- Kids Sea Camp tote bags, T-shirts, Flap straps, and other giveaways (giveaways vary on sponsors)
- Treasure hunt for SASY and Seal Team
- Pizza movie night, presentations, and poetry fun
- Live music
- Round trip air
- Round trip airport transfers
- Adult dive gear
- Adult dive courses
- Local air to and from BZE airport to The Placencia Resort (Placencia) & meet and greet. Please advise if you wish to use our group space. Includes meet and greet and luggage assistance as well as airport transfers to resort.
- Lionfish hunting course $90 per person a day
- Nitrox $50 per person for the week
- E: learning for any courses not included
Once you arrive on the island
This is a general sample schedule that will change depending on the weather, courses offered, and location. Other activities and courses and detail will be provided on a final schedule included with your trip documents. This schedule is also subject to changes on the island. Please note Belize KSC is a Sunday to Sunday week. Sun Aug 8 - Sun Aug 15.
- Sunday: Arrival day and orientation
- Monday: 2 boat dives and SASY, Seal, PADI JOW training
- Tuesday: 2 boat dives and SASY, Seal, PADI JOW training
- Wednesday: 2 boat dives and SASY, Seal, PADI JOW training
- Thursday: 2 boat dives and SASY, Seal, PADI JOW, 1-afternoon dive and lunch at Ranguana
- Friday: 2 boat dives and SASY, Seal, PADI JOW, and beach lunch at Thatch Caye for everyone
- Saturday: Family dive day and closing feast and celebration, and slide presentation.
- Sunday: Travel day — back to reality!
The Placencia Resort
The Placencia Resort is situated on the beautiful Maya Beach, just a short journey away from the quaint village of Placencia and all the activities Belize has to offer. The Placencia Resort is perfectly located for access to both jungle and ocean adventures. The resort offers multiple beach views and beachfront condos which can be divided into 1-, 2- or 3- apartments. Families and friends can make themselves at home in all room categories that come with a full kitchen, living area, and private baths. Whatever accommodation you choose, you’ll be just a stone’s throw away from the beach and an unforgettable family adventure.
Enjoy the on-site amenities; swim-up bar, spacious pool, restaurants, an overwater bar, marina, and more. Complete your vacation experience by seeing the stunning Belize Barrier Reef, Maya Mountains or simply lounging by our incredible pool and its tropical swim-up bar. After a day of adventure, live in luxury with one, two, or three-bedroom accommodations. With three restaurants, including an overwater bar, this is the Caribbean resort of your dreams.
Copal Tree (Wanting to stay longer in Belize?)
KSC 3 day package: (Pre and post for August week only)
- 1 person in 1 Jungle Suite: $1,500
- 2 people in 1 Jungle Suite: $1,050
- 3 people in 1 Jungle Suite: $875
- 4 people in 1 Jungle Suite: $800
- 1 person in 1 Canopy Suite: $2,000
- 2 people in 1 Canopy Suite: $1,300
- 3-nights accommodation in a selected suite
- All meals, afternoon snacks, and beverages including local spirits and beer
- Round trip land transfers from Punta Gorda Airstrip to the lodge and
- Complimentary use of our gym & self-guided activities: kayaks, mountain bikes, and hiking trails -
- Complimentary laundry service
- Taxes and service charge
Does not include
- Round trip flights from Belize International or Belize Municipal to Punta Gorda
- Guided tours and activities
- Spa treatments
- Gift shop purchases
All rates are per person rates for the August 8th-15th, 2021 Kids Sea Camp week. This does not include round-trip air from Belize City which is around $270 per person. Non-divers deduct $600 per person. It also includes rates for a longer stay in Belize at the Copal Tree Jungle Lodge.
|Room Types||Beach Views (Divers)||Beach Front (Divers)|
|1 adult in a 1 Bedroom||$2,790||$3,105|
|1 adult in a 2 bedroom||$3,792||$4,122|
|2 adults in a 1 Bedroom||$2,535||$2,700|
|2 adults in a 2 Bedroom||$3,000||$3,320|
|2 adults in a 3 Bedroom||$3,175||$3,650|
|3 adults in a 2 Bedroom||$2,640||$2,900|
|3 adults in a 3 bedroom||$2,940||$3,175|
|4 adults in a 2 Bedroom||$2,535||$2,700|
|4 adults in a 3 Bedroom||$2,700||$2,950|
|JOW & Certified Kids (Ages 10-17)||$1,600||$1,600|
|SASY & Seal Team (Age 4-9)||$1,200||$1,200|
|Copal Tree Jungle Lodge||Jungle Suite||Canopy Suite|
|1 person (3-nights)||$1,600||$2,050|
|2 people (3-nights)||$1,150||$1,350|
|3 people (3-nights)||$975||N/A|
|4 people (3-nights)||$900||N/A|
Diving for all levels of experience or age!
Belize Underwater is a 5-star PADI dive shop. During the Kids Sea Camp week, KSC will be adding our team of PADI Pros to the PADI Pro team at Belize Underwater to provide you a safe, fun and adventure filled scuba vacation for your whole family. You will be diving in the largest barrier reef in the Caribbean and the second largest in the world! The Belize Barrier Reef offers all levels of diving and snorkeling, from shallow water Cayes to the Great Blue Hole.
We have created this custom family diving expedition with private boats, and PADI Pro dive team just for this Kids Sea Camp event. The dive staff is highly experienced and kid-friendly. Kids Sea Camp staff is special needs friendly as well. Belize Underwater's PADI certified staff will take you to the Southern Barrier Reef, and the Belize atolls. Dive Ranguana Caye, Glover’s Reef Atoll, the Elbow and Lighthouse Reef Atoll.
Although spearfishing in the protected areas is not permitted, divers do have the option to add spear-fishing lionfish to any dive! These invasive lionfish are hazardous to our reef, and you'll be helping the Belize Barrier Reef by catching them. We provide tridents for divers who want to spear-fish lionfish.
Rent your gear from our Belize Underwater or bring your own - our guides will set up everything, you just hop on the boat and go! During Kids Sea Camp weeks in Belize, we do offer other PADI courses for adults and young adults. Please give Margo or Olivia 803-4192556 a call to discuss any continuing dive education courses.
- PADI SASY program: 6 mornings of activities from 8 am -1 pm daily. SASY kids keep fins, mask, and snorkel.
- PADI SEAL TEAM: 6 mornings of activities from 8 am-1 pm daily includes all 5 aqua missions. SEAL kids keep fins, mask, and snorkel.
- PADI Open Water: All dives needed for certification (eLearning is not included. For eLearning, you will have to pay PADI directly. The link will be sent to you 4 weeks before departure to be completed prior to arrival.)
See more about Kids Sea Camp dive training
Belize tasty flavors
Even eating in Belize can be an adventure. Taste the many flavors of the Caribbean, influenced by Garifuna’s rich cultural heritage. All ingredients are harvested from the village and surrounding farms. You can also walk to a number of restaurants in Hopkins or book a private Garifuna chef (must book a two or three-bedroom beach house).
The Rhum Shack: This breezy beachside restaurant offers local fare with an emphasis on fresh seafood, but it's best known for its pina Coladas. Visit the Rhum Shack for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We're sure you'll find something you like from shrimp ceviche and grouper cakes to jerk chicken and guava glazed ribs.
The Drum Bar: The poolside beach bar offers an authentic taco bar for lunch and offers drinks poolside daily.
Flying to Belize
You can book your international flights into BZE from anywhere in the world. Please note this trip is a Sun - Sun week. Arrival should be Sun Aug 9 and departure Sun Aug 16. If you wish to come in or go out on different days or book additional days, we are very happy to arrange that for you.
Maya Island Air offers flights from BZE to Placencia. Rates can vary but, for adults and kids rates run around $270 round trip with airport shuttle included. We have a total package set up for round trip air, meet and greet and transfer to Placencia the airport where you need to arrive at The Placencia Resort. Please make sure to give yourself enough connection time between BZE and your local flight. A minimum of 2.5 hrs is recommended.
Open to US travelers on Oct. 1st (Must have a PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hrs of arrival) and use The Belize Travel Health
Fishing, jungle hiking, jaguars, and ruins
Belize is so much more than beautiful beaches. Belize boasts the second largest barrier reef in the world, ancient Mayan ruins, jungles, and wildlife reserves. There's no shortage of adventure options, but we have a few recommendations!
Blue Horizon Fly Fishing, is the premier adventure tour & excursion outfitter for travel and vacations in southern Belize. Led by legendary guide Lincoln Westby, your adventure poling the flats and casting for a Grand Slam will create memories to last a lifetime. The flats and Cayes off the coast, protected by the Belize Barrier Reef, are prime targets for landing some of the most exciting species in the world. For the novice to the expert, all necessary excursion equipment is provided at no extra charge. Southern Belize has world-class fishing for Bonefish, Permit, and Tarpon. (Check out the Belize fly fishing trip in 2021)
- Fly fishing half day: $350
- Fly fishing full day: $525
General Fishing times (can change depending on the tides and weather)
- Full day: 8 am-4 pm
- Morning: 8 am-12 pm
- Afternoon: 1 pm-5 pm
Other cool tours to do: In addition to the use of kayaks, paddleboards, and bikes on the property (which is included), we also invite you to some of the most unforgettable excursions and tours in Belize.
- Cockscomb Basin & Jungle River Tubing- World-renowned for being the first jaguar reserve with over 128,000 acres of lush tropical rainforest. Explore the jungle trails of this flora & fauna sanctuary with a naturalist tour guide, home to all five of Belize’s cats: Jaguar, Puma, Margay, Jaguarundi, and Ocelot. After your hike, tube-float down the South Stann Creek for a uniquely close-up look at the jungle and then take a short hike to the waterfall for a cool dip to conclude your visit. Afterward, enjoy a short picnic lunch before heading back. Time: 8 am to 3:00 pm Difficulty: Moderate Bring: bug repellent, sunscreen, hat, light long pants, swimsuit, towel, dry clothes, camera, binoculars, hiking shoes & cash for souvenirs.
- Bioluminescence- This experience exposes guests to one of Belize’s Natural Wonders. This fascinating boat ride meanders through a jungle tunnel and mangrove ecosystem leading to Anderson’s Lagoon, where one experiences the mystical glow of nature! You'll be mesmerized by the Dinoagellates which are tiny unicellular marine plankton also known as fire plants. Witness the water coming alive in various neon colors while jellyfish and fish dart around the boat. SEASONAL. Only offered January to May. Time: 5 pm to 8:30 pm Difficulty: Easy Bring: camera, comfortable clothes, light jacket.
- Horseback Riding- Ideal for both experienced and non-experienced riders. Leaving from Outback Stables, guests will pass through a citrus grove before entering into the hills that surrounded the Maya Mountains. The trail winds over Pine Forest Hills with beautiful views of the second highest peak in Belize. The trail makes its way over mounds of rock that are the remains of an ancient Maya Civilization until you reach the bank of the Sittee River. Take a break and a swim before hitting the trail again. Time: 8 am to 1 pm or 1 pm to 4 pm Difficulty: Easy Bring: bug repellent, sneakers, sunscreen, hat, swimsuit, light long pants, camera & cash for souvenirs.
- Bocawina Tour Zip Line & Rappelling the Falls- After zipping on the longest zip line in Belize, fill up with a delicious lunch. You will then venture on a guided hike to Bocawina or Antelope Falls where you rappel one hundred feet down. Time: 8 am to 3:30 pm Difficulty: Moderate Bring: bug repellent, sunscreen, light long pants, swimsuit, hat, towel, camera, hiking or water shoes, & cash for souvenirs.
- Xunantunich (Stone Maiden) & Blue Hole National Park- Enjoy the orange farms, banana farms and a good view of our Maya Mountains, during the three hours drive through the Hummingbird Highway, one way. Then cross the Mopan River on a ferry. The reward for climbing to the top of El Castillo is a spectacular view of the Cayo District and Petén Guatemala. The tour guide will stop for lunch at a local restaurant. On the way back, enjoy the fresh dip at the inland Blue Hole. Time: 7 or 7:30 am to 4:30 pm Difficulty: Moderate Bring: bug repellent, sunscreen, hat, swimsuit, towel, camera, sturdy shoes, dry clothes & cash for souvenirs.
- Half-day Chocolate factory tour: $70 per person